Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Has anyone put snow tires on their car. I got mine after the winter last year so I didn't have to deal with this. People that have driven it in the snow say it is a good idea to put snow tires on. Do you have to go with 20" snows? Let me know if anyone has any advise.

thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you plan on using another set of rims for your snow tires it would be better to go with 18s. I think Dunlop makes the only 20 inch winter tires for our size..

My winter set up is 255/60/18 Pirelli Scorpion Ice&Snows 8)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got the Dunlop GranTrek SJ5's for my 20's.

Go to Wheel & Tire Zone in Mississauga... near Dixie & Eglington... they have them in stock there!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
exchanging tires and tire P monitoring system

hey guys,

I want to get snow tires but I'm not sure yet if I want to use the stock rims or (especially in the case of different sized tires) get new rims for the snow tires.

In either case, do the installers need to do anything special to maintain the tire pressure monitoring system???

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
I bought 4 ASA ST3 wheels with 4 P265/60QR-18 Bridgestone Blizzaks premounted on the wheels from Tirerack online. (I replaced my 20" wheels and tires with these)

I just put them on last week end. These are the best snow tires I've ever come across. They're phenominal. I should have put these on my Jeep. I could've climbed a pole with it. Stopping with these tires on slush is almost like stopping on pavement. The ABS was hardly activated.

Total cost was $1502.00. Expensive, but well worth it considering the safety of the additional stopping power. Stopping is usually more of a problem than going.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
And what about the tire pressure monitoring system. What needs to be done to "transfer" the feature from the old tires/rims to the new ones???

Thanks...

Wireboltman said:
I bought 4 ASA ST3 wheels with 4 P265/60QR-18 Bridgestone Blizzaks premounted on the wheels from Tirerack online. (I replaced my 20" wheels and tires with these)

I just put them on last week end. These are the best snow tires I've ever come across. They're phenominal. I should have put these on my Jeep. I could've climbed a pole with it. Stopping with these tires on slush is almost like stopping on pavement. The ABS was hardly activated.

Total cost was $1502.00. Expensive, but well worth it considering the safety of the additional stopping power. Stopping is usually more of a problem than going.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
The monitors are built into the valve stems (little box attached to the underside). They can be transferred to new rims. They may not fit on some aftermarket rims, though. You can simply go without them, but I understand that it's a desirable feature, esp. in winter.

·
Registered
882 Posts
those tires look beefy!

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Hey, what type of snow tires should we get for our upcoming bad weather????? :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol:

Sorry couldn't resist...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Well, we just got about 40+ inches of snow in 2 days here and my FX35 with the Blizzaks was exceptional. I was pushing snow with the bumper in places. (Parking lot) I stopped just to see if I could go again. No problem. Very, very. impressed! I've now come to the conclusion I haven't sacrificed near the 4 wheel drive capability I had expected when this vehicle took the place of my Jeep. Serious off roading is out---but winters will be no problem it appears.
The FX is holding it's own, no problem. Winter or summer. I couldn't be happier I bought this unique vehicle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts