Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...perhaps it is only me, but here's what I've noticed...

A few days ago, I parked on my driveway and locked doors using a smart button on the door handle. I made sure that the door was locked by pulling the door handle. When I got up in the morning I tried to unlock the car by pressing the smart button again and the car got locked. This means that it has been unlocked all night.
I thought to myself perhaps I forgot to lock it last night so I let it go...

The exact same thing happened today. I got to work in the morning and locked the car with the smart button. Again, I checked that it was really locked. When I was leaving for lunch my door was unlocked. How???

I don't think it is me, forgeting to lock the car, as I tend to check that it is locked. What else could it be? Someone else's keyless entry interfering; problem with the lock itself??? Anything like this happened to anyone else?

Thanks
Kris

·
Registered
105 Posts
hmmmm, that's indeed strange. perhaps you're accidently hitting the unlock button on the remote? did you check your settings on the nav screen? do any of your neighbors have a new infiniti? is someone in your family playing a joke on you?

just some ideas..... :?:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I have not really tried locking the car with the door handle button (I use the remote to lock the car) - so I can't really address your problem. One thing I have noticed is that if both fobs (when my wife is with me) are present it gets confused sometimes.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for quick replies...

I doubt I am hitting the unlock button (although it could be possible as I had the key in my pocket). Also, there were no other Infinitis or any other cars that would have something similar in the area (I checked).

It is very strange as I do have the auto-lock on which means that even if I did not lock it, it would have locked itself...

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Another thought: From a locked position, pushing the button once unlocks that one door ONLY; pushing the button twice unlocks ALL the doors. Perhaps if the other doors are locked when you exit the vehicle, pushing the door button simply unlocks the other doors (but you think it is locked?).

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another great suggestion however selective locking is off... :|
Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Lets start solving this by eliminating sources......

1. We can be sure that Elvis Presley is NOT unlocking your doors!

There's one down. :D

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Have you tried locking the car from fob button itself and then coming back to check later? May be a way to see if the car is "unlocking itself" all the time. :shock:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The problem is that it happens randomly... Perhaps I should try using the fob for now and see if the problem still exists for a few days.

Thanks for the suggestion

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
My I-key is acting weird lately. I never use it but the other day my viper remote battery died. If i have it in my pocket, pressing the handle buttons will not always lock/unlock the doors. But when I seperate the key from the remote part, they work, even when seperated by a few feet. I thought when the I-key was apart, that it would not work. I have already made sure it was not the alarm interfering. Hmmm.... :? All this technology... (I sound like my wife :? )

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
also take note of any other items in close proximity that are sending or receiving a wireless/radio signal of some sort....

do you have any other transmitters in your pocket or close to the car when you lock it???

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Only my Viper 2 way remote that has been with the I-key since day one. Strange.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great. Thanks for all the replies... I'll run a "few tests" and will get to the bottom of this. I'll update the post once I figure it out.

Kris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts