Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2016 QX70 sport with the 21” black rims. I’d like to put smaller wheels on to improve the ride quality. Has anyone done this? The dealer says the sports have larger brakes, but it looks like there is a to of room. Aiming for 18’s.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I recently bought a 2016 QX70 sport with the 21” black rims. I’d like to put smaller wheels on to improve the ride quality. Has anyone done this? The dealer says the sports have larger brakes, but it looks like there is a to of room. Aiming for 18’s.
Mine has the 20" rims, still a pretty harsh ride on poor surfaces.

There doesn't seem to be much clearance between the the calipers and the rims, comparing them against the 18" rims on my Navara (Aka Frontier) it doesn't look like they would fit.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Go to Tire Rack to see what will fit. I know the 1st Gen OEM 18's will fit if you put 20 mm spacers on them...

·
Registered
4 Posts

Hello,

I bought the same QX70 and winter tires I use 20". Dealer in Slovakia told me could be problem use 18" because larger brakes.
BTW I use rims 20", 8x20, 5x114.3, ET35. Tires 255 mm. Ride is the smoother on 20".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts