Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think that is a Maybach there on the left side in the first pic. Maybe you can negotiate price at this dealer. :lol:

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
WOW :shock:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Probably the SLR are the loaner car for Maybach customer :lol: There are # on the rear window on the first pic.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Awesome pic. Reminds me of a recent meeting between MB and the CEO of my company. I work for a software company and MB was complaining about the cost of our software because they only use it on weekends. Thay argued they shouldn't need to pay full price for it because they don't use it every day. My CEO paused, then continued "lets look at your business model. I'd like to purchase a SLR. But I'm only going to drive it between 2 and 4 on Sundays. What can you do for me?" :lol: I wasn't in the meeting but my colleague said he almost fell out of his chair laughing.

-NJJ

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you look closely in the first pic, there are also MB's driving by, new and old. I work for MB, I am going to ask around and see if I can find out where this is.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
FX35Fan said:
....., I am going to ask around and see if I can find out where this is.
I don't think it is located in USA.
SO far, I don't see TAMOIL in Texas.

·
Registered
934 Posts
FX35Fan said:
If you look closely in the first pic, there are also MB's driving by, new and old. I work for MB, I am going to ask around and see if I can find out where this is.
It's somewhere in Italy.

·
Registered
597 Posts
In the US market these cars are supposed to have been all pre-sold. The Terian dealership in Nu Yawk was the first store in the country to take possession of one. They simply placed it in the mid of showroom and roped off. Nobody was gonna sell it, although the vehicle was valued @ $2 million. People came in, stared, then left with their tongues dangling on the floor :lol: .
Now let's examine the pic. Far right corner, across the street. The car squeezed between yellow Mini and Beemer. Whatever it is ( could be a Seat or Fiat ), you can't get'em here. Shoot to the left. Three cars parked by the gas station. The vehicle sitting to the right of the classic Merc that you can only see the rear 1/2 of. That's Smart ForFour. Guess what ? You can't get'em here either.
Lastly - I now I'm pushing it :twisted: - Tamoil is an Italian energy company. Not known for having retail presence in the US.
Kids, this ain't in America :oops: .

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
pudicus said:
The Euro-spec plates being a good giveaway!

·
Registered
597 Posts
kcrudup said:
pudicus said:
The Euro-spec plates being a good giveaway!

See, that's the beauty of being able to stare @ a big-ass screen. I was @ my cousin's place looking at 15" Trinitron with curved tube and bulit-in speakers which I gave him back in 1998 :roll: .
Those 19" turbine-themed rims are optional and cost an unholy amount. Though my favorite part about the SLR is the mark-up that is around $34K :shock: . Provided one can actually buy it for sticker price. Which is about as likely as seeing a flock of pigs flying over your house :lol: .

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've been selling mercedes benz here in chicago for awhile now, i've only seen two of these cars go through here and they both sold for over 600,000 dollars, i'm thinking that's not a real picture. 8)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.