Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my infinity Fx 35 of 2005 engine stops while driving and the Slip and VDC light gets one, then I have to try and force the start the car back multiple times before the engine can start back and I noticed that when I start back the car if the VDC and SLIP lights are one then the engine doesn't stop again when I park for some time its start normally and no light is on, and the then it can happen anytime again for the engine to stop while I drive.
please help
any solution ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
my infinity Fx 35 of 2005 engine stops while driving and the Slip and VDC light gets one, then I have to try and force the start the car back multiple times before the engine can start back and I noticed that when I start back the car if the VDC and SLIP lights are one then the engine doesn't stop again when I park for some time its start normally and no light is on, and the then it can happen anytime again for the engine to stop while I drive.
please help
any solution ?
Same thing for me. First time was last summer. Limped home. Then much more frequently starting in late summer and continuing. Shut off and restart fixes it. On a couple of occasions, it did this while driving at speed, but mostly when idling (waiting in a pickup line, for instance) or starting up. I'm not driving much, so I've lived with it, but what I read here makes it seem like a cam sensor is misbehaving. I think the shut down is for engine protection.

One of these days I'll get the codes read to confirm.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
It could very well be one or both of your cam sensors but you will have to get the codes to determine this. I'm not sure if a crank sensor puts the vehicle into limp mode but it could be that as well. Also could be MAF related as well. Cleaning may help here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It could very well be one or both of your cam sensors but you will have to get the codes to determine this. I'm not sure if a crank sensor puts the vehicle into limp mode but it could be that as well. Also could be MAF related as well. Cleaning may help here.
Finally got my codes read and it's P2135, Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch A/B Voltage Correlation.

I was so ready for the cam sensor that produces the same symptoms.

Sigh. Reading starts all over again.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Well at least you have a code and a few parts that can be checked. The link that you posted was pretty good in explaining where to start. Let us know how it goes and if you end up needing to replace either your accelerator pedal position sensor or throttle body position sensor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well at least you have a code and a few parts that can be checked. The link that you posted was pretty good in explaining where to start. Let us know how it goes and if you end up needing to replace either your accelerator pedal position sensor or throttle body position sensor.
Is there a preferred parts source? I see comments to avoid Amazon, but wondering if NAPA or other auto parts stores have good parts.

·
Registered
2005 FX45 120K miles
116 Posts
I don't know if these "Relearn" steps will help but it can't hurt. Note: After you read and understand how to do these things (for free) then you can go about looking for a failed part. Anyone can do it, but you have follow each step as written.

Good luck.

4 ECM RELEARN PROCEDURES

MAF Sensor / Fuel Trim Relearn Procedure

2003-2012 Infiniti FX Clear Mixture Ratio Self-Learning Control Data | Infinitihelp.com

1) Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
2) Turn ignition switch OFF.
3) Disconnect mass air flow sensor harness connector, and restart and run engine for at least 3 seconds at idle speed.
4) Stop engine and reconnect mass air flow sensor harness connector.
5) Make sure Detected Trouble Code (DTC) P0102 is displayed.
6) Erase the DTC memory.
7) Make sure no codes are stored in the ECM.
8) Run engine for at least 10 minutes at idle speed.
END.

Perform Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning (Cold Engine)

Note:
This must be performed each time harness connector of accelerator pedal position sensor or Engine Control Module (ECM) is disconnected.
2003-2012 Infiniti FX35 - FX45 Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning Procedure | Infinitihelp.com

1) Make sure that accelerator pedal is fully released.
2) Turn ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.
3) Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.
4) Turn ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.
5) Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.
END

Perform Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning
2003-2012 Infiniti FX35 - FX45 Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning Procedure | Infinitihelp.com
2) Turn ignition switch ON, but do not start engine.
3) Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds
* Confirm the throttle valve moves during above 10 seconds by
confirming the operating sound. If not then proceed...
4. Turn ignition switch “ON” (without starting vehicle) and wait at least 2 seconds.
5. Turn ignition switch “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.
END

Idle Air Volume Relearn Procedure To Reset ECM
Complaint: I cleaned my throttle body last night and now my truck idles a tad higher. Also the C.E.L. is on.

RESPONSE: This problem is perfectly normal after cleaning/replacing the throttle body. To fix it just perform this Idle Air Volume Relearn Procedure:
2003-2012 Infiniti FX35 - FX45 2003-2012 Infiniti FX35 - FX45 Idle Air Volume Learning Procedure | Infinitihelp.com
1) Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperatures by driving the car for 10-15 minutes.
2) Check that all items listed below are in good order:
Battery voltage: With engine running, alternator is putting-out +12.9V- 14V.
Engine coolant temperature: 70 - 100 C (158 - 212 F)
Park/neutral position (PNP) switch: ON (Shifter in Park or Neutral)
Electric load switches “OFF.” Ex: Air conditioner, headlamp, rear window defogger, seat heaters.
Steering wheel: Neutral (Straight-ahead position)
Vehicle Cruise: OFF/Stopped
4) Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch ON and wait 3 seconds.
5) Quickly depress the accelerator pedal 5 times within 5 seconds. (Aka “Stomp Test.”)
6) Wait 7-10 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal… and keep it depressed for approx. 20 seconds until the MIL (Check Engine Light) stops blinking and turnes ON.
7) Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the MIL (aka CEL) turned ON.
8) Start engine and let it idle.
8) Wait 20 seconds.
Here’s a chart to describe the above steps in strict sequence.

9) Rev up the engine two or three times and make sure that idle speed and ignition timing are within the specifications. Note: Your idle speed = 650 ± 50 rpm (in P or N position)
END

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
For parts I have only ever bought oem parts for my FX. To get these a little cheaper, I believe InfinitipartsUSA is still doing business.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't know if these "Relearn" steps will help but it can't hurt. Note: After you read and understand how to do these things (for free) then you can go about looking for a failed part. Anyone can do it, but you have follow each step as written.

Good luck.

4 ECM RELEARN PROCEDURES

MAF Sensor / Fuel Trim Relearn Procedure

2003-2012 Infiniti FX Clear Mixture Ratio Self-Learning Control Data | Infinitihelp.com

1) Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
2) Turn ignition switch OFF.
3) Disconnect mass air flow sensor harness connector, and restart and run engine for at least 3 seconds at idle speed.
4) Stop engine and reconnect mass air flow sensor harness connector.
5) Make sure Detected Trouble Code (DTC) P0102 is displayed.
6) Erase the DTC memory.
7) Make sure no codes are stored in the ECM.
8) Run engine for at least 10 minutes at idle speed.
END.

Perform Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning (Cold Engine)

Note:
This must be performed each time harness connector of accelerator pedal position sensor or Engine Control Module (ECM) is disconnected.
2003-2012 Infiniti FX35 - FX45 Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning Procedure | Infinitihelp.com

2) Turn ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.
4) Turn ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.
5) Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.
END

Perform Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning
2003-2012 Infiniti FX35 - FX45 Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning Procedure | Infinitihelp.com
2) Turn ignition switch ON, but do not start engine.
3) Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds
* Confirm the throttle valve moves during above 10 seconds by
confirming the operating sound. If not then proceed...
4. Turn ignition switch “ON” (without starting vehicle) and wait at least 2 seconds.
5. Turn ignition switch “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.
END

Idle Air Volume Relearn Procedure To Reset ECM
Complaint: I cleaned my throttle body last night and now my truck idles a tad higher. Also the C.E.L. is on.

RESPONSE: This problem is perfectly normal after cleaning/replacing the throttle body. To fix it just perform this Idle Air Volume Relearn Procedure:
2003-2012 Infiniti FX35 - FX45 2003-2012 Infiniti FX35 - FX45 Idle Air Volume Learning Procedure | Infinitihelp.com
1) Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperatures by driving the car for 10-15 minutes.
2) Check that all items listed below are in good order:
Battery voltage: With engine running, alternator is putting-out +12.9V- 14V.
Engine coolant temperature: 70 - 100 C (158 - 212 F)
Park/neutral position (PNP) switch: ON (Shifter in Park or Neutral)
Electric load switches “OFF.” Ex: Air conditioner, headlamp, rear window defogger, seat heaters.
Steering wheel: Neutral (Straight-ahead position)
Vehicle Cruise: OFF/Stopped
4) Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch ON and wait 3 seconds.
5) Quickly depress the accelerator pedal 5 times within 5 seconds. (Aka “Stomp Test.”)
6) Wait 7-10 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal… and keep it depressed for approx. 20 seconds until the MIL (Check Engine Light) stops blinking and turnes ON.
7) Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the MIL (aka CEL) turned ON.
8) Start engine and let it idle.
8) Wait 20 seconds.
Here’s a chart to describe the above steps in strict sequence.

9) Rev up the engine two or three times and make sure that idle speed and ignition timing are within the specifications. Note: Your idle speed = 650 ± 50 rpm (in P or N position)
END
I tried the first group, but no joy on lithghtreset. But it ran great for sevral days.

Then today.

About 20 restarts trying to limp home and finally I have the throttle surge issues noted with the TB/pedal mismatch.

Time to replace hardware.

·
Registered
24 Posts
For parts I have only ever bought oem parts for my FX. To get these a little cheaper, I believe InfinitipartsUSA is still doing business.
I was wondering if there is a throttle body upgrade. I see comments about doing them on a G35. Nothing turns up here for FXs.

Otherwise, it's off to the shop in a few days.

Thanks for the comments.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
I don't see why not. the first Gen FX has the same throttle body as a G35 as far as I am aware.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't see why not. the first Gen FX has the same throttle body as a G35 as far as I am aware.
I went with stock. The original was filthy, which means I should probably have been doing the Seafoam intake cleaning.

Idle is high, 1,500 vs 750 and I've not been able to to the ECU reset, etc. But running fine.

Thanks to all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts