Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my infinity Fx 35 of 2005 engine stops while driving and the Slip and VDC light gets one, then I have to try and force the start the car back multiple times before the engine can start back and I noticed that when I start back the car if the VDC and SLIP lights are one then the engine doesn't stop again when I park for some time its start normally and no light is on, and the then it can happen anytime again for the engine to stop while I drive.
please help
any solution ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
my infinity Fx 35 of 2005 engine stops while driving and the Slip and VDC light gets one, then I have to try and force the start the car back multiple times before the engine can start back and I noticed that when I start back the car if the VDC and SLIP lights are one then the engine doesn't stop again when I park for some time its start normally and no light is on, and the then it can happen anytime again for the engine to stop while I drive.
please help
any solution ?
Same thing for me. First time was last summer. Limped home. Then much more frequently starting in late summer and continuing. Shut off and restart fixes it. On a couple of occasions, it did this while driving at speed, but mostly when idling (waiting in a pickup line, for instance) or starting up. I'm not driving much, so I've lived with it, but what I read here makes it seem like a cam sensor is misbehaving. I think the shut down is for engine protection.

One of these days I'll get the codes read to confirm.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
It could very well be one or both of your cam sensors but you will have to get the codes to determine this. I'm not sure if a crank sensor puts the vehicle into limp mode but it could be that as well. Also could be MAF related as well. Cleaning may help here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts