Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I just got my 05 fx45 today! Wo-hoo!
I am trying to figure out how the Sirius radio works. I have not activated it yet, but some channels come through, (seems like one from each category,)
My questions are these:

1. According to the owner’s manual, the mode button on the steering wheel should switch between all the functions/ am/fm/sat/cd but it skips sat. Also if I try and tune from the wheel it goes right to AM.

2. How does the display work? On my old add on XM radio in my Lexus, it would display the name of the station not just the station number. I know I can tap the tuner dial and it will show the song title, but it always defaults back to the channel number when changing stations.

3. Wasn't I supposed to get a 3 month trial with the car when I purchased it? How do I get that since I don't have any info on it that came with the car.

4. Are all these items addressed when activating the service or is this the way it always is? Also are there better instructions somewhere, the manual is very very sparse in how the sat system works.

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congrats on your new ride!

1. If you put the sat stations in your presets you should be able to scroll through the stations using the wheel.

2. You can choose how you want your display by going through the menu (i.e. base, treble, fade) next option should be display

3. Tell Sirius when you activate that you get 3 months free. They will make a note of it. (Beware though I’ve had to call them up each month for them to credit my account) hopefully you will have better luck.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info...

Is there any way to have it display the station title when changing channels? Just seeing SR 28 then SR 29 is kind of irritating. Even the old 1st gen after market XM unit I had in my old car would do this...

Thanks!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
There should be an option for that.... although it does flash the station # for a few seconds before it will display the station name. I know what you mean it is especially a pain when listing to NFL Sunday drive trying to find a game.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Congrats fxguy on your new purchase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts