Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just dropped by Discount Tire and have my 20" Goodyears Siped. They cut a thin slice perpendicular to the tread.
It is said to keep a tire cooler, move water through the tread better, and significantly enhance handling.
So far, so good.
As for the handling, my FX feels like it is on rails anyway.
Anyone else do any siping?
Your thoughts please!
Drive cheerfully!
Ron

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Actually never heard of this....

·
Registered
509 Posts
I've never heard of this, but I might have been able to use siped tires yesterday.

My wife and I are looking to buy a mountain cabin in eastern Arizona. We drove 215 miles (each way) Sunday to get to a remote cabin we're thinking about. Problem was it rained this weekend and the 6 miles of dirt road in from the highway became 6 miles of serious mud. While I was pretty impressed with the AWD and the snow mode of my FX45, I did a lot of sliding around. Enough to make my wife and daughter pretty uneasy.

Several times I was wishing I had driven my Tahoe. The factory Goodyears on the FX kept us safe but I'm not sure I want to do this again. Not to mention the fact that it's going to take a while to get all the mud off the FX. What a mess. :oops: I actually stopped at a self serve car wash in a small town on the way home to power wash off the caked on mud. My new FX45 is now offically broken in. :shock: 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.