Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hats off to Grubbs Infiniti and Stillen for taking care of this defective air box. After calls they replaced the air box and the pix below show my reinforcement of the top panel.
IMHO, installation on an 05FX should come with a caveat as the lower support bolt does not line up with the hole below. Therefore, the majority of the Z-tube, connectore, etc. weight for this mod is at the single bolt on the top of the air box.
I took a piece of sheet metal, bent it to semi-match the contours of the underside of the air box and then epoxied the metal to the underside of the box.
I was feeling frisky so I riveted the air box and the metal together too. This sucker will not break, shatter, flex, or even come apart.
I was in a hurry to get these posted so the top of the Stillen box still have some epoxy on it. Goo Gone, here I come.
This has been a difficult chapter and I would never have made it this far without the help of "y'all" on this board.
Thanks again and drive cheerfully!
Ron
PS- I'll be loading my sub-woofer install later today. Hooowahh!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
FYI, the lower support hole/bolt has never been utilized in the FX; it is for the G35. Also, I would recommend renaming your thread, as this has nothing to do with the "Sin City" mod; it is an issue you had with your Stillen intake's heat shrowd.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New one..

It was a new one. Yes, I did the scuff marks, but they will come out.
In looking at my earlier post, I saw one other with that problem.
Needless to say, it won't happen again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.