Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just got a new problem and just before I was going to install my springs...

When I break I get a severe shuddering kind of like ABS is going off but it’s not quite as strong as that. My steering wheel pulls left and right quickly & viciously, my shifter also shudders... well the whole car shudders... this is an intermittent problem (roughly 30% of the time) that I can't seem to pin down to any certain circumstances... Sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn’t

I was thinking alignment but when the car, under breaking, doesn’t shudder it does not pull and with no hands on the wheel the car goes straight.

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
882 Posts
ah, sounds like you have warped rotors. You either need to have them resurfaced or get a nice new set of slotted rotors :D

·
Registered
599 Posts
I had the same problem. It's warped rotors. You just have to get your rotors resurfaced and the problem will go away.

It's quite expensive too. I paid 800 bux for the resurfacing job. That includes labor. I did it at my 30K servicing though.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
isn't that covered under waranty? I only have 18K miles

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Yep,

It will be covered under warranty. They warped mine when they rotated my tires at my 7500.

Took it in and they fixed it up.

·
Registered
882 Posts
800 bux for resurfaceing rotors? Thats a jip.
Might as well have gotten new rotors then...plus resurfaced rotors don't have too much life left in them.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
GEAUX said:
Yep,

It will be covered under warranty. They warped mine when they rotated my tires at my 7500.

Took it in and they fixed it up.
geaux, how do rotating tires warp the rotors? How about that LSU-Miss State game? Never did like them Bullpuppies....

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Torquing the lugs incorrectly or unevenly can cause the rotors to warp.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Rotors can get warped when they use a impact wrench to tighten the lugs..if they over torque they warp..
Phil

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
gotcha, thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys... went to the dealer he resurfaced my rotors now she's as smooth as a baby's bottom... I guess that might not be PC opps :)

Springs get installed tomorrow

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Vivid said:
thanks guys... went to the dealer he resurfaced my rotors...
How much they charge you?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Torquing the lugs incorrectly or unevenly can cause the rotors to warp.
Yep, what he said. :D

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Vivid said:
thanks guys... went to the dealer he resurfaced my rotors now she's as smooth as a baby's bottom... I guess that might not be PC opps :)

Springs get installed tomorrow
Good deal!! :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
they resurfaced and balanced the front two tires all under waranty...

I also have areas on the leather steeing wheel and shifter, they are both being ordered and replaced under warranty too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts