Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an offer for an '04 Black on Brick with Touring, Technology, Sirius, and Crossbars for $38,995. That appears to be about $1600 off invoice. I think that is a pretty good deal. Not sure whether to take it or wait for an '05. Does anyone know what kind of deal I will be able to get on an '05 if I wait? This deal almost seems to good to pass up.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I assume you're looking at the 35. Rwd or AWD?

Edmund's Invoice on the Rwd is $39,101 or only $106 under invoice.
Edmund's Invoice on the AWD is $40,476 or $1481 under invoice (a good deal)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is AWD. The car also has splash guards and cargo protector, so I get the invoice to be $40,600. I hope I am doing it correctly. $1600 seems to good to pass up. I am still doing the debate on the sport, but really need snow ability and no place to store snow tires. Plus, the black looks so sweet that I'm not sure I care - more comfy for the 2 year old anyways!

·
Registered
185 Posts
the new printing on the center console of the 05 and the clear tail lights are a turn down, for me anyway.

What do you mean by you need snow ability?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I would say that is a good deal IF its the car you want. I paid just under Invoice 5 weeks ago but we got the exact vehicle we wanted. We got Sport because I really liked the looks better (not just wheel size, but wheel finish and the chrome rack). The Sport does ride a little firmer, but on test drives we only noticed a difference on some streets. In my opinion the Sport Package on the FX35 is more for show than performance.

As mentioned above not all '05 changes are being well received. The only significant technological improvement, the LDW system, was not worth me waiting for an '05.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey desualt - by snow ability I mean getting around in several inches of snow. We live in DC which gets a little snow (not enough to worry about) but we also bought a place up at Snowshoe (ski resort). We do have another sport ute that we can take up there for big storms, but I need the ability to get around up there for the unexpected snows - and regular weekend snow.

I think I have read every thread available on snow here and it just seems that I can get by better with the 18s than the 20s. I guess I am just paranoid as I wrecked a 300z several years ago in the snow - now I am just paranoid about sports tires.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I have a small concern about my tires in the snow. Not sure what I am going to do yet.

A place in Snowshoe huh? I try to go a few times each year. Last march we went and the first day we snow boarded in t-shirts, the next day a storm and 1 foot of fresh powder. Gotta love it.

How about a hooking me up with a place to stay next time the wife and I go back? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
185 Posts
sorry to hear about the 300Z, but like they say nothing like experience. I swear by snow tires since quite a while, I would just never forgive me if I would go out with my familly and my wife or one of my kids get injured in a crash because I run without snow tires in the snow. I think I would also make the papers if anyone loose control, hit us and injure someone in the car just to realize he's got sport tires in the snow.
Just this to say that your responsibility is much greater than finding a spot to store 4 tires.

my .02

·
Registered
462 Posts
I am in the same boat. I want to wait for the 05 but nobody has been able to tell me exactly when it will hit east coast showrooms. One dealer even told me they were not expected until Feb 05 :shock: . Unlike most opinions i have read, i like the new tail lights and i want the perforated leather seats. However, a sweet deal on an 04 might just sway me.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
05fxguy said:
Unlike most opinions i have read, i like the new tail lights and i want the perforated leather seats. However, a sweet deal on an 04 might just sway me.
The '04 Willlow interior HAS perforated leather 8) What color did you want?

·
Registered
462 Posts
msu79gt82 said:
05fxguy said:
Unlike most opinions i have read, i like the new tail lights and i want the perforated leather seats. However, a sweet deal on an 04 might just sway me.
The '04 Willlow interior HAS perforated leather 8) What color did you want?
Liquid copper.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now I am really in a quandry. I have another offer for a diamond graphite with brick and the sport package (as well as all the other goodies from the previous offer and a tow hitch). He's agreed to $1700 off invoice. Now the decision for which to go with!!! I really like the look of the sport! It just comes down to the howl issue of looks vs. ride and snow. I bet I don't sleep at all tonight!!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
How much time do you like to spend taking care of your paint? DG is much easier to care for and the DG/Brick is an awsome and hard to find combo, with the 20s, it's a killer! Once you try out those tech toys, though, you'll get spoiled real fast!

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
If you don't get the 20s you will regret it. I love they way they look and I think the 18s make the FX look cheap. When I see an FX the first thing I look for is to see if they have 20s. I like the ride and feel it makes it more of a performance car. If you don't want the performance skip the 18s and the 20s and don't get an FX. JMHO.

I think they make the FX. :D

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Oh and you can get snow tires for the 20s too!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts