Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
love the show! First time caller.

Hello All!

not sure if I’m the only one but I loved playing midnight club on the PlayStation back in the day. And when I discovered the FX. Fell in love instantly. I have decided I want to trick one out just like I did on the game.

looking for a shop in Arizona that can do a swap on my FX35 or maybe even a rebuild down. Anyone ever used a shop out here? Or anyone down to do the work I’ll pay 😂

Lmk yo! thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you have the tools (or a friend who does) needed, you could do it yourself... I am working on mine right now. 2006 FX35 AWD - got it couple months ago with 240k miles on it. I am no way a specialized mechanic, but there are plenty of videos on YouTube, and I have the service manual for it too - plus my neighbor is a mechanic. My FX was used in New Jersey area without the splash guard underneath the engine, so some parts where heavily rusted (exhaust, pulleys, bolts and nuts), plus was leaking oil at the front crank seal and valve covers. I have completely changed the exhaust system, intake system (to a little upgraded ones), valve covers/seals, spark plugs and coils, most of the coolant tubes, alternator, power steering pump, ac pump, starter, crank pulley, complete timing system (chains, sprockets, solenoids, tensioners) by myself. The experienced neighbor helped me only with some rusted bolts I broke. So, the bottom line is that it's not to hard to do it yourself...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have the tools (or a friend who does) needed, you could do it yourself... I am working on mine right now. 2006 FX35 AWD - got it couple months ago with 240k miles on it. I am no way a specialized mechanic, but there are plenty of videos on YouTube, and I have the service manual for it too - plus my neighbor is a mechanic. My FX was used in New Jersey area without the splash guard underneath the engine, so some parts where heavily rusted (exhaust, pulleys, bolts and nuts), plus was leaking oil at the front crank seal and valve covers. I have completely changed the exhaust system, intake system (to a little upgraded ones), valve covers/seals, spark plugs and coils, most of the coolant tubes, alternator, power steering pump, ac pump, starter, crank pulley, complete timing system (chains, sprockets, solenoids, tensioners) by myself. The experienced neighbor helped me only with some rusted bolts I broke. So, the bottom line is that it's not to hard to do it yourself...
I hear ya loud and clear mate.

But I mean they got cooking videos and instructions but i still always manage to burn dinner. If you smell what I’m stepping in.

guess I’ll have to make the trip to Cali, figured there had to be a spot out here

·
Registered
3 Posts
im sure there are plenty of shops around here that can do it, I live around the corner from concept z performance might be worth giving them a call to see if they can do it. i dont think the vq is a hard engine to swap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts