Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
contaygious said:
http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB25&Number=67573521&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post67594440

After reading about other people's breakins has anyone considered doing this?
Yikes! I didn't realize we had no shock sensor.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I've never heard of a factory alarm system ever having one.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Has anyone here actually installed this shock sensor? Seems better than spending $400 on a viper system with functions that overlap the OEM system.

·
Registered
309 Posts
05fxguy said:
Has anyone here actually installed this shock sensor? Seems better than spending $400 on a viper system with functions that overlap the OEM system.
Just completed by install tonight, and it's pretty good for the value $50 or less. I strapped it to the body, so even at the highest setting, it takes a nice smack against the body to set it off. I could have picked a different place, but I've got it all setup in place, and I cleaned up the cables and routed them all perfectly and I don't want to re-do it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I spent about 30 minutes preparing the wires, and about 15 minutes preparing the FX, then spent another hour to do the install (I did not have some of the tools necessary so I had to run to the local hardware store). I'm going to post the pictures and instructions online shotly.

·
Registered
309 Posts
remychopp said:
Do you have any pics of your installation? Especially where you have the sensor installed.
I'm posting the complete instructions, but here is where I installed the shock sensor. It's on the passenger side of the engine bay, right next to the pressure sensor for the hood, behind some large overflow container. I have an 05 FX35AWD, so I hope it's makes sense even for those with a FX45.

NOTE: I had not completed my wiring job at this point, so all those colorful cables you see, they are all hidden now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
FYI these sensors are not watertight, so be careful where you mount them. Try not to mount them near where water runs down (like near the edge of the hood opening), and be careful if you wash under the hood, either on purpose (hose) or not (big puddle). If water gets in there, the factory alarm will go off frequently due to the water shorting the innards out.

We never put any of these sensors anywhere but inside the passenger compartment, usually under the dash near the center console, so it has an equal sensitivity throughout the vehicle.

·
Registered
309 Posts
johnmax said:
FYI these sensors are not watertight, so be careful where you mount them. Try not to mount them near where water runs down (like near the edge of the hood opening), and be careful if you wash under the hood, either on purpose (hose) or not (big puddle). If water gets in there, the factory alarm will go off frequently due to the water shorting the innards out.

We never put any of these sensors anywhere but inside the passenger compartment, usually under the dash near the center console, so it has an equal sensitivity throughout the vehicle.
Good point, I'll have to figure out a new location before the SF Bay rainy season starts...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi guys

My FX was also broken into throught the driver side handle and I was not aware we did not have any shock sensors. Does anyone have a detailed write up for this addon mod to OEM alarm system. Isn't this a fault on Infiniti to design a door handle this way? Can we get a class action to have them replace and repair the damages that were done?

Shock sensor write up?

thanks

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Rock said:
Hi guys

My FX was also broken into throught the driver side handle and I was not aware we did not have any shock sensors. Does anyone have a detailed write up for this addon mod to OEM alarm system. Isn't this a fault on Infiniti to design a door handle this way? Can we get a class action to have them replace and repair the damages that were done?

Shock sensor write up?

thanks
I'm pretty sure there was a DIY thread posted in the HOW-TO Section... but if I remember correctly, the OP never really finished off the wiring diagram...

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts