4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[EMINEM]
Guess who's back, back again
Shady's back, tell a friend
Guess who's back, guess who's back...
[/EMINEM]

:D :D :D :D :D
Well, after ~6 1/2 weeks in the shop, I finally got my car back today. I am very pleased with the results, the car really does look as good as it did pre-accident. The frame and pillar damage I was so worried about is undetectable. I made a point to pick up in the daytime so I could see it in the sunlight and the paint color match is right on. I went to Holmes Body Shop in Duarte, CA, a much better experience than my prior experience with a body repair shop (Lodi, NJ). In fact, they called me almost as much as I called them. That in iteself was a very positive thing.

I am VERY HAPPY! For all the little things we may complain about our FX's from time to time, try going without yours for 6-8 weeks and then get back into it, you will appreciate what a wonderful vehicle it is. Now I gotta re-train the ECU to give me power when I want it! Eibachs go on this coming FRIDAY... pictures to come!
:D :D :D :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Welcome Back, now go rack up 1000 miles! :lol: How's She feel on the 60 mph off ramps?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
:blob3: :blob4: :blob5: :blob7: :blob8:

YEAH

Looks Great. I am happy it all worked out.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Looks better than new; or maybe better white balance on the digital pics :oops: Glad you got your wheels back 8)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Dude, in the future NEVER EVER, EVER NEVER go in to inspect paint jobs ( especially silver/bronze/titanium/champagne themes ) under bright sunlight. 'Cause all you'll get is the dazzle. Another reason, btw, why sleaze-ball bodyshop managers love setting up those 12 a.m. pick-up appointments. ( Fluorescent lights aren't much of a helper either.) I trust they re-painted your entire right side to blend in front/rear quarters. That should reduce the chances of possible sloppy work quite a bit.
Also, you might wanna explore filing the diminished value claim against those pinheads' carrier. If the accident produced a police report - which I suppose it did - your car's VIN would redflag with any appraiser from now on.
Anyhow, good luck and congrats on re-union 8) .

·
Registered
142 Posts
Looks great from the pictures.
I have an Accord that this Taxi driver backed into which was silver
like said it is a hard to match. I had to take it back to have the fender blended so it would match better.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
johnblaz2000 said:
unfortunately I just had a similar experience today. :(
Oh no...that would suck!

·
Registered
56 Posts
johnblaz2000

I know a awesome body shop in NJ, one of the best I ever used. I would suggest you pay them a visit. You will be very happy. Their web site is http://www.cd-autobody.com. I have had a lot of work done by them and their work is the best. All the work was on high end cars. Owner is Matt Casiano, tell him I sent you. PM me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PINITI-FX said:
Ready for Brian to work on a re-flash Before you start moddin'
I JUST got my car back, nobody is going to pry it from my hands for a good long time! Technosquare needs 2 weeks! Fugghetaboudit!

pudicus said:
Dude, in the future NEVER EVER, EVER NEVER go in to inspect paint jobs under bright sunlight.
First I inspected it inside their shop and then we took it outside. I purposely went during the day so I could inspect in both lighting conditions and wouldn't lose the ability to go outside... Hey, I've been paying attention! :wink:

gargan said:
unfortunately I just had a similar experience today
Sorry to hear! Hope you are ok???

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Very glad to hear you're back in business.
I think I would have been experiencing symptoms of withdrawl after waiting as long as you did.
6.5 weeks must have seemed like forever.
It looks real nice!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Congratulations!

I don't know how you waited that long.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Glad you both are back and smiling!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.