Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family and I decided to go see a show called "Cookin'(a Korean version of Stomp but the story is based in kitchen. Liked it a lot.) in Chicago last night.

We decided to stop at Vong's Thai Kitchen for dinner. Snow was starting to coming down but it wasn't that bad. After picking up the car from valet guy, I put my gear in drive, suddenly this cab jumped in front of me. I felt the bump and got out of the car and found out his passenger side rear panel scraped my driver side front pasnel!!! :shock:

He was trying to leave after dropping off his passengers and I opened his door to ask him out. He said he didn't see/hear anything. BS.

Two valet guys heard it and they were willing to be eye witnesses. Nice guys.

Called a cop and 30min later, an officer showed up. In the mean time, this cabby took off!!! :shock: :shock:

We gave the license plate and name of the company to this officer but he said if the damage appeared to be less than $500, he couldn't fill out a accident report in IL??? :? So, basically he couldn't go after this cabby who left the accident scene because my damage looked like under $500? I'm not a lawyer but that's one of the biggest BSs I've ever heard.

We only had 10min to go to the Chicago Theatre to see Cookin' and just decided to take care of this damages by myself unless it turns out to be more than $100-200. I don't want to go after this cabby for $100. Too much headache.

After we came home, I checked the damage and it looked like it only got cometic damage. I think someone said before about how strong the FX is and I want to reconfirm that. Cab's real panel was pushed in but my panel was just fine. Impressed.

Anyway, it was an interesting family night out.

·
Registered
779 Posts
First of, sorry to hear about the damage...

We gave the license plate and name of the company to this officer but he said if the damage appeared to be less than $500, he couldn't fill out a accident report in IL???
This is BS. You have a right to file a report regarding any car damage, even if it is a small one. Also, since the cabby took off, it is considered hit and run.
Also, depending how much your insurance deductible is, you might not want to call your insurance, but fix it yourself...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I just had a chance to chat with an officer here in Plainfield and he said I can always file a report with the district involved.

But, for something like this, like I said, more headache. I just didn't like this happened with my family in the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's nice to know that he police dont' take hit and run seriously when the damage is slight. Makes me want to go rob a 7-11 and only take $200.00. Guess the amount would be to small for the cops to worry about.

If it were me, I would be making a BIG stink in the media, filing complaints with my rep in the legistature and demnading a refund on my taxes that go to the police.

And since it was a cab drive that is always on the road, his actions need to be delt with. If he can get away with it, what is to stop him from doing it again...or perhaps he has!

my .02

·
Registered
392 Posts
Cabs

I hate cabs,,, they're just so stupid,,,, when they drop people off they just stop in the middle of the street, even if there is room to park, theyre always driving like crazy, or really slow when theyre avaliable,,, its just really frustrating

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.