Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my FX about a week ago and I love it but I have few questions and would appreciate if u FX experts could help a newbie out:

First, is there a way to get rid of the grid in the birdview?

Is there a way to have the map full screen without any buttons or the lower bar (radio/ac controls) and tracking the car not just when I move the joystick or have it in the route mode?

I've read through almost all of the posts in regards to getting the DVD to play in the Nav screen and im still a little confused who to contact to get what: I don’t think I want the nav-tv option cause that sounds like its too expensive but im more looking into the option where you need to get the repeater from the DVD player in the back to have the same output on both screens, so my question is how much is that exactly, who to order it from and how hard is the installation, does it come with diagrams or what’s the deal all together?

I think that’s all for now, but im sure ill have more.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
(1) no...its there to show distance based on the zoom setting

(2) NO ... this is one that annoys me sometimes too

(3) do a search on this....cant remember all who have done this mod

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
The Nav-TV from http://www.AVelectronic.com is the unit that lets the rear DVD siganal be displayed on the front screen. It also has several other features, like additional inputs, TV tuner, built in video signal booster, etc. It comes with a vehicle specific wiring diagram. I'd rate the install about a 7 on a scale of 1-10. It is very time consuming and quite a lot of work, but it's not too bad. If yu have basic wiring/soldering skills, can read a wiring diagram and aren't afraid to tear into your car, and have a day to kill, you can do it yourself.

The other unit available is the one offered by user: vsokolov here. It is less expensive and only allows the DVD signal to be shown up front; it has no extra features. You must also purchase his separate video signal booster to go with it, as it does not have one integrated, but it still works out to be considerably cheaper. I think he even has a plug and play unit available for $50 extra. To my knowledge, no one here has tried his unit yet, though.

Browse this section of the forum or do a search for more info.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Welcome to the group 8)

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have a system I'm working on that integrates a touchscreen and a bunch of other stuff including what you want to do but does way more than what you want and'll be in the $700 range.

MustGoFastR's suggestion re vsokolov's unit might be your best bet if all you want to do is view the console DVD player on the Nav screen.

Doing anything beyond video signal conversion can add $$$ quickly. I have several hundred dollars of stuff already for the prototype I'm working on and I don't even have it installed yet :(

btw I'm hoping to post pictures soon of my progress...

·
Registered
252 Posts
The touch screen is an overlay about 1.5mm thick that mounts directly over the factory screen and interfaces with an embedded computer system mounted under the passenger's seat.

I'm in the process of revamping my website and hope to have screenshots of the software and pics of the hardware available within a few weeks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts