Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Me too... been getting it for about 2 hours now. Maybe FA is staging an attack on us. 8)

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
No need to worry.

Just a bit of tweeky going on.

Was this just now or awhile ago?

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
It is still happening... it just did it to me reading your post, and even on the Post a reply page that I'm typing this on.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I let him know.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
This appears to be ongoing as of 11:00am EST. Any clues as to what the problem might be? I'm sure the geeks among us would love to know...

-Andy

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
seems to me that this happened before and dallace has some permissions issue or something with the /images dir on his end.

last night i told him about this, but then thought it was on my end since firefox was working ok. but after i said that, clearing all of my cached images out, resulted inthe same issue. both IE and firefox

anybody else seem to remember this issue before? or am i just losing it (.... i would insert a smiley of a guy "losing it" here, but i cant see the images to pick one....)

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
CAR54 said:
No problems on my end. I'm using IE with an unshared fiber optic connection (100mbps) and no corporate firewall, proxy settings, or VPN to deal with.
their proxy has all of the images cached :twisted:

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
20 years ago a took a picture of a red "X" i found in the attic. i took the pic by placing it on a white piece of paper.....looks like now is the PERFECT time to upload this baby! :lol: :roll: :D

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Yes yes... seems to be all better now. Fantastic! :D

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Ok,

Here's the brutally honest truth. You guys are eating up my bandwidth!!!

And when I'm trying to play COD and a bunch of you are browsing infinitifx.org your killing my ping times!!!

So I've been playing around with trying to limit how much bandwidth any single user can pull at any given time. I've tried a couple different modules of apache. the "problem" you guys were seeing was your browser trying to make multiple connections to the server at one time and the apache module I had/have was only allowing 2 per IP.

Basically, your browser splits off and creates multiple connections to download the webpage faster. I was trying to prevent that (hoping the browser could adapt). It appears that some can and some can't possibly depending on settings.

SO, now I'm trying throttling the bandwidth instead of limiting the number of connections.

The ultimate solution is going to be to move this place off my machine which I'm in the process of testing out a hosting company right now!! If all works out I'll move this site over to their servers.

That should mean faster browsing for you and low pings for me!!

The down side of doing this is it's going to cost me more money :-/ But I'll work it all out I'm sure!

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Yeah, I think IE does 4 simultaneous by default. Of course, you can tune that number up in the registry if you know what you're doing. Not sure what Mozilla/Firefox does. But frankly, its only a matter of simultaneous connections. I think I would be able to eat the same amount of bandwidth either way.

Perhaps throttling is really the way to go. You might be able to establish some sort of QoS using your router, where your personal stuff takes a higher priority than the forums.

Just a thought. Either way, we appreciate you running this place for us!

-Andy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.