Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may have followed my story on the OTHER forum about my SAT radio. If not, here's the Readers Digest version:

1. salesman claims car comes installed with SAT radio, all I have to do is activate it.

2. Negotiated actual installation price down from $725 and have radio installed.

3. Couple weeks later SAT stops working, then car dies. No problem found.

4. Couple weeks after that SAT dies again. No problem found.

5. Three weeks ago, service department calls to say it is a known problem.

6. Drop off car 1 week ago Monday.

7. Pick car up Tuesday. They installed the replacement receiver, but the wires for installation were different. They left the SAT unplugged, expecting wires on Thursday.

8. Thursday to today, left several messages for service manager.

9. Today he actually answered the phone. He said he was waiting for a call from Clarion and he asked if I had no signal at all. I reminded him that he left it unplugged. He said, "oh, yeah... the cables... hold on". After coming back to the phone he said they were backordered. I gave him **** for not returning any of my calls. He said "they just told me now that they were backordered. I told him that I didn't care and that he should have followed through last Thursday when they did not arrive. My constant phone calls should have been reminder enough. I also told him that I didn't know why he didn't just hook my old SAT receiver back when he discovered that he couldn't properly install the new one. It had at least been working. He had no answer for that. I asked him how long the backorder was. He didn't know but he said he would keep me posted. I reminded him that I was paying a monthly fee for a service that I could not use. He had no reply to that.

<deep cleansing breaths>

This has been an ongoing problem that just keeps getting worst. I'm experiencing Sirius withdrawal. Once you start listening to commercial-free radio, it's hard to go back to listening to regular radio with the commercials and crappy signal. I'm considering calling their corporate offices to file a complaint. Do you guys think this is warranted or am I just overreacting?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
piss-poor, IMO

id contact another dealker, in the future (for any future work/service)

also, call NNA and get a case no.

Q-what wires are different? (antenna??) and why??

if it's just the ant. wires, goto circuit city and get a terk.... (problem solved, for the meantime)

keep us posted..

SMS

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
pjo1966 said:
here's the Readers Digest version:
Miller Infiniti?

I'm actually pretty pleased with TO Infiniti's service department- but I will admit I've had to ask them on three occaisons so far to take out a quart of oil even though I've asked 'em to only put 6 qts in (see this thread on FA as to why this is needed on the '45s).

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only reason I'm sticking with this service dep't is because of another lie the salesman told me. He had said that all Infiniti's come with free scheduled maintenance, just like BMW. As a result they are supposedly giving me discounted service. I guess you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

Here's the latest...

Service guy calls last week to say he's bringing in technicians from Clarion to address my problem. I dropped off the car Wednesday night. Last night he reported that they found that the antenna wire was crimped somewhere between the antenna and the receiver. Despite the backorder, they were able to FedEx a new cable from Kentucky just for me (I think I was expected to be impressed & grateful). I told him that I had put a temporary hold on my account and that I would go ahead and reactivate it. He commented that I wanted to save the $15 bucks or however much it was. The tone in his voice said that I was an cheap *******, but I chose to ignore it. I just reminded him that the Satellite radio was out of commission for nearly three weeks and there was no reason for me to pay for a service that I was unable to use. The monthly service fee could have gone elsewhere (like maybe into my gas tank). I have yet to test the service. I will do that tonight after work. Hopefully the combination of the 2nd generation tuner and fixing the crimp in the antenna cable will improve my reception, in addition to keeping the unit from dying. My fingers are crossed.

An amusing side note... when I dropped the car off, the receptionist exclaimed "what's wrong with your car now?!" I said, "not now... still". It's pretty sad that I've had the car for 5 months and she knows me by name because I've been in there so many times.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hello,

Is there anyway someone can post the tread about the 45's only needing 6 qts of oil? I haven't seen this before and am having trouble loading the link above.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
4tyson said:
am having trouble loading the link above.
I just clicked it and it works. FA seems to be more down than up lately, so try it again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts