Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new FX35 has 1000 miles on it. So new that I haven't had a chance to post any pix. (been too busy driving it).
Heading up the Interstate yesterday my "Service Engine Soon" light came on steady. The owners manual talks about the fuel cap, which I checked. I also did the reset proceedure posted either here or Fresh Alloy's MB. It reset, but then came back on when I started the car again. The nearest Infiniti Dealership is 2 1/2 hours away, but a Nissan Dealer is just down the road. Would the Nissan Dealer be able to help me? I'd hate to drive 2 1/2 hours, leave the car, drive back home, comeback to pick up my car for a LIGHT!!

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

jfire

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
You'd have to call the Nissan dealer and ask; they might be able to do it. At any rate, given the steps you've already taken, you should probably have it checked out right away.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nissan has the same scan tool (Consult II) and it'll hook up to the FX without any issues. However, they may want to charge you a diagnostic fee, so I'd make sure to talk to them first.

Check engine lights are pretty much always emissions related, but it's brand new and under warranty, so I'd get it fixed asap :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts