Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took apart my dash and disconnected the radio to see how I'm gonna install my MP3 player and when I put it all back together my service engine soon light was on - coincidence?
Just bought the FX 2wks ago brand new.
When everything was disconnected I drove it down to RadioShack - when the radio section is disconnected the turn signals don't work, speedometer doesn't work, none of the guages work, and all lights on dash light up.
Could driving it with this disconnected be why my service engine light is now on?
If it's still on tomorrow I'll call Infiniti and see what's up. Just wondered if anyone else has noticed this.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
I think the CAN bus runs thru the radio. Unplugging it would likely trigger a SES light. I actually have never unplugged the radio in any FX i've worked on. Actually a habit. You won't believe what happens in some of these cars if you do unplug it!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me. The cause is unplugging stuff and turning the ignition on. You can either reset the ECU (involves a complicated series of time-critical steps involving the gas pedal and ignition switch) or you can just wait and it should clear after a couple of days. Note that if you reset the ECU, it will also lose all of it's "learning".

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took it 5 days, but it has gone out now. Probably took mine longer because I didn't drive it much until the weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.