Infiniti FX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow FXers... This weekend, will possibly be the switch over to the new server.

Time / weather permitting of course. But if it happens, it will happen

All of the below are based on Eastern time :)

LATE Friday night
EARLY Saturday morning
LATE Saturday night
EARLY Sunday morning

Late means starting after 11pm
Early means starting before 8am

So, if you try to log on during one of those time (not sure how long it's going to take, but I'm going to try and minimize the actual "off" time by shutting down the forums I run so I can copy the databases over.

If *everything* goes perfect, I can't imagine being down much more than an hour or so. (down = off) the forum may be down a little longer just do I can do the copying...

Thanks,

Dallace

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
dmtalon - thanks as always for providing this site for us. Would it be possible you post a msg on FA or "someplace else" as to when you take the server down and when you are back up?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Servers can't be cheap, so check your E-mail for a Paypal I'll send before I go home tonight. (And don't forget: if you ever need Linux assistance, let me know- it's what I do!)

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it hasn't gone in yet :-( had it all ready, all the data etc... and I couldn't get dhcpd working (for my interneal network). Didn't wanna put it in with a crutch so I pulled it.

I did end up fixing the problem (with a different kernel), but now I'm having another strange problem with mount (smbfs) is working but having issues connecting... I my try again late tonight if I can get it over.

BTW, thanks for the support

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.