Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During my spring break trip to Toronto, my car got keyed in the middle of the night when I was parked in the parking lot of the hotel. There are two long scratches that extend from the front to the back of the car on the driver's side. My car is in black and the keyed parts are really noticeable and it seems to be pretty deep since they appear white at the moment. I have contacted my insurance company and I am wondering what I should be careful of when I bring it in to be fixed. I am hoping that I can bring it back to the Infiniti body shop to fix it. Is there anything I should pay attention to? Will it be noticeable after I get it fixed? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
the good news is that your car is black. i say this becuase when they repaint or touch up, its a lot easier to match a non metallic flake finish.

as about their process. are they going to repaint the whole panel? are they going to blend in to the exisitng paint? do they use a downdraft paint booth?

ask to see the facility where its done and check out how clean it is, etc, etc...

and DONT take the car unless its done perfectly :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.