Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
um....sweet :roll: ...they are talking trash about your state!

you are #1 on our list :D

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
bradical said:
um....sweet :roll: ...they are talking trash about your state!

you are #1 on our list :D
LOL That is so funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

It seems like we are 20 yrs behind out here.

I live in a lab town with 20k people and I can not get DSL at my house. :? We are 5.1 miles from the hub, 2 houses down the street and they can get DSL.

The nearest Taco Bell from my house in 15 miles or so and it is in a gas station. In Santa Fe, they just got a Best Buy last year and a Target a few years ago.

Being from Chicago, I miss good food. Everything in NM has red or green chile on it and they use pizza sauce on Italian dishes.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
dont feel too bad about not getting dsl. i live right outside DC in loudoun county va (the fastest growing county in the county for over 3 years) and i could NOT get dsl or calbe modem until about 9 months ago!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've always chuckled at how the 3 states - MA, NY and CA - that are perceived by the rest of the country as rootless, godless commie cesspits just " happen " to have the highest property values, pay highest wages/salaries, have best hospitals/centers of higher education as well as manage to set the cultural and intellectual trends for the rest of the country :lol: . And let's not talk about food in Nu Yawk over here.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Never heard of the org that did this poll, or any mention of how scientific it was...grain of salt anyone? :?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I must be proving the poll wrong - grew up in #6, lived most of adult life in #4 and now decided to move to #43!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Fortunately they did not place any merit on driving ability, otherwise I think NY would be #51...

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
the key is to move from dumber to even dumber state every 5-10 years so that you are always in the "elite" smart group ;)

i dont try to get smarter, i just move to where people are dumber :lol:

i used to live #4, but then i couldnt spell "cable" anymore, so i had to go to #12 8)

·
Registered
320 Posts
I call BS on the poll...You dsl users need to catch up, I have Fiber in my neigborhood 54MB down 35mb up!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
OIIIIIIO said:
I call BS on the poll...You dsl users need to catch up, I have Fiber in my neigborhood 54MB down 35mb up!
i am now running cable and typically get 125-130 MPS down. not sure about upload, but its as good or better then any corporate office i go to (at least during the workday)

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
OIIIIIIO said:
OMG, who is your provider, telco, cable co or someone else?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
PhilP69 said:
Fortunately they did not place any merit on driving ability, otherwise I think NY would be #51...
Come to CA- you'll see exactly how good you have it! I lived in Boston for 10 years- people like to dis the "Boston Driver", but at least those people hauled ass and got where they had to go, and the level of driving ability overall is far, far higher than it is here. I'll never move back there (I pretty much hated everything else about the place, actually) but I sure miss East Coast drivers! You couldn't get 99% of these Californians to move in a hurry (in and/or out of their cars) if ya lit 'em afire.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
..... and Mississippi thanks you too, Sweet!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Around here 60% drive the way old people f*ck. The absolute worst are Volvo drivers. And I don't care what's their gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference or income brackets. These cretins drive as though they're piloting a mini submarine with nothing around them. Ironically, this perception of mine was confirmed in an unrelated conversation by a kid working @ Bernardi Audi who for 4 years used to sell cars @ Lee Volvo. Commercial cargo vans are 2nd worst. This bunch acts as though they're driving a 550 Maranello. Not a tall box on wheels with novocaine steering, wet sponge brakes and mashed potato suspension.
If that wasn't bad enough, our police now picked up a habit to pull people over while themselves driving whatever. Private plate Intrepids, Crown Vics, police lab Ford 350 diesel trucks, dog catcher vans - you name it. You can't even anticipate what might hit you next anymore.

·
Registered
848 Posts
pudicus said:
The absolute worst are Volvo drivers.
I'm upset that Ford/Mercury stopped making the Tempo/Topaz...I never came across one that wasn't going 5-10 mph UNDER the limit. At least it made it easier to avoid them. Now, I have to guess what vehicles all those drivers moved to...there's some kind of correlation between bland vehicles and the mentality that you should never come close to the speed limit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts