Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any other FXers on the board that live in or near Seattle? Any interest in a meet?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hello Jeff

I would be interested if we make it sometime in the early fall. As you know the problem in the Northwest is the Summer is so short that everone makes plans for just about every free moment they have.

If you try for the mid September time frame we might even have a nice day to compare clean cars.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone else?

I'm seeing a lot more FXs around Seattle lately, and 2 more besides mine in the Expedia parking garage.

Anyone? Bueller?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Count me in...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
We can do the Anacortes to Oak harbor to Cultus Bay run... 8)

·
Registered
39 Posts
OT: Seattle car tax question

Hi guys.. sorry for the OT. I'm planning on moving to the Bellevue area in a few weeks and had some questions about car taxes. Hoping that fellow residents might be able to provide some info for me. I'm in Virginia now, and here we have a personal property tax that applies to most vehicles. Last year I paid roughly $800 for this on my FX35.

Does Washington have a similar thing? I ran through some state websites, and I'm not getting it. Monorail tax for city residents? Excise Tax? Use tax? Do I have to get a new title? How much was this past years tax levies for your FXs?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
You'll save a bundle.. here the breakdown of my registration:

Filing: $3.00
RTA Excise Tax: $103.00
Licence: $30.00
Personalized Plate Fee: $30.00
License Service Fee: $0.75

Total: $166.75

RTA Excise Tax is the Regional Transportation Act which is a measure that's building new commuter trains and buses, which covers most of the Puget Sound areas. Monorail tax is only in the cities that has the plan for Monorail. I believe the list only includes Seattle, SeaTac, and Burien. Since there's no plan on extending the monorail to Bellevue, you should not need to pay for the Monorail tax. You can find out more by going to http://www.wa.gov and look under transporation. The web site for Dept of Licencing is at http://www.dol.wa.gov.

Also another good news is that there's no state income tax.. So enjoy the extra $. :D

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Also, to answer some of your other questions:

If you currently own your vehicle (i.e. bought with cash, paid off loan), you'll need to transfer your title from your state to WA. That's a fee of $5. If you don't have your title (i.e. bank of your loan has it), then when you pay off your loan, the bank should automatically transfer the title to WA if you're still in WA at the time of the pay off.

There is some small fees to transfer your registration from out of state. But those are one-time fees only. There's also new plate fee.

You can find more info on the fees in the FAQ at http://www.dol.wa.gov/vs/tr-new.htm. Hope these helps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow.. Seattle here I come! No state income tax? I guess the state compensates with a higher sales tax! hehe. Thanks for the information. Hopefully, I'll get there before you all meet.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Our sales tax is currently at 8.8%, which is fairly high. But the state mostly compensates with a high property tax. I know a few friends who lives down in Vancouver, WA, just north of Portland, OR. Those people have the benefit of paying no income tax and then go over the state line into Oregon to buy things with no sales tax. Everytime I make a trip down to California, I always make a shopping list of what to get in Oregon on the way back, so I don't have pay sales tax. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seattle???

Do you guys (gals included) know of a good dealer up there? I'm in Portland and I'm not sure how good a deal I can get here? I won't have to pay sales tax cause I live in Oregon... any help is appreciated... maybe I can join you for a meet???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Snowdeep, I bought mine FX35 at the Infiniti dealership in Fife (near Tacoma). There is only one other in Kirkland and dealers in that area are famous for being snooty since that is a upper middle class city. I would get yours at the same dealer as me...you can tell me that I sent you and maybe you'll get a better deal. Hope that helps. http://www.infinitioftacoma.com/

Happy shopping!

·
Registered
470 Posts
About time I am down hopefully before I move back to newyork I am pretty much modded out but there is always room for more!!!! lets do a meet sooner than later

·
Registered
470 Posts
to all of you pacific northwest fx owners I have a cipher which will give you that +2 timming advance and if your doing a little freeway and city 50/50 then gas mileage will improve almost getting 400 miles out of full tank versus 340 to 350. let me know wassup if we have a meet i'll bring it

·
Registered
203 Posts
So any meets? this thread is a few year old come on time to get together. How does september sound?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts