Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using seatcovers out there? Just trying to get an idea of what kind and where from?

TIA
FXcellent

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any had any experience in general with how the seat heaters will work with seat covers. Does it negate the effectiveness or does it just take longer to heat?

I seriously thinking of going with some custom skins? Anybody with any thoughts on this? Plus I think it would take some pressure off the side bolster where I constantly slide in an out.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I think I am going to order me some skins for my two front seats. Either in black or charcoal (depending on what the samples look like). It'll be about three or four weeks before they arrive and I install them. I'll take some pics and post. Found a place in Fresno CA that has a nice website and lots of photos of their custom made skins on various vehicles (no FX's though). There not cheap but I think they are going to be very high quality. They actually come in two pieces but will look as one in order to get a better / tighter fit.

I was hoping some other had some skins on their FXen for comparison but I guess not.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Just curious, but why would anyone want to put these on the FX's seats? Is it just to preserve the seats and resale value, a comfort thing or what? To me, it's like buying a nice, cushy new couch, then putting one of those plastic covers on it.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
If anyone dares to cover up the BRICK & BLACK interior combo they ought to have their head examined! I can't speak for other int. color choices, which is why I just had to have brick/black.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Two reasons for me. One (as your well aware) the seats tend to get hot in our climate and this would alleviate this. More importantly for me, I am daily driving from my gym workouts (I don't shower there) and this will prevent my seats from continuously getting damp as a result. An indirect benefit also is that this will releave the pressure that I am constantly putting on the side bolster when I get in / out as this area is starting to get "worn".

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Gotcha. Just hope they look good. I'm not too impressed with the ones in the pics earlier.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Baaahh, Baahhh j/k couldn't resist - looks good.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts