Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Herb Chambers in Boston wouldn't replace my seat leather. At least they wouldn't when I went in before 30,000 miles. All the service manager did was take some digital pics and claim that he would send them to Infiniti HQ. Doubt he ever did send the pictures.

So I go back to the dealer I bought the car from. Infiniti of Latham in Upstate NY. Funny thing cos my front seats started bubbling a couple of months after I bought the car in Jan 03. I went to him with the problem back then but all the service manager said was "Yea, that's normal for cars with leather seats so we can't do anything about it!"

Anyways. Just went back there this weekend and told him about it again and this time I was amazed when he actually knew it was a problem. It took him 2 seconds to look at the seats and order me new ones. Yay!

My seats look pretty horrible by the way. So I'm real happy about it. :D :D

·
Registered
779 Posts
Hey Ak1nza, can you take a picture of how bad it looks and post it? Thanks

·
Registered
387 Posts
krzys4 said:
Hey Ak1nza, can you take a picture of how bad it looks and post it? Thanks
Ditto.

·
Registered
882 Posts
the seat leather replacement is WORSE! Don't get it done...i regreatted it after I got my seat leather replaced. The leather is alot softer and feels thinner. It bubbles way way worse than the original.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mushotofu,
I've heard about the replacements being thinner. Honestly though. At least they'll look better than my driver seat temporarily. As for my passenger seat leather, I poked a hole in that with a scissor accidentally a year ago, so I'm just glad to get that replaced. So in the end it's kind of a win-win. :)

Here are pics of my seats. Pretty horrendous driver's seat if you ask me. I might as well moon you guys?

Driver Side - Also look at where my lower back touches the seat. The leather is pretty deformed there too. I don't push the lumbar support forward at all, it would look better if i did, but that's not how i drive or sit.

Passenger Side

·
Registered
706 Posts
First brick interior that I have seen that the leather is Sh!t.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh. Forgot to add. I have 36000 miles on my car. It's 2 years old now too. Picked it up February 2003. So I've made pretty good use of that driver seat.

Again though, I did say above that the bubbling started a couple of months after I bought it. Mentioned it to the serv manager then but he did nothing... Now that it's a more widespread problem would be the reason why he's agreeing to having them replaced. He did tell me that he's seeing a lot of FXes with the problem.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Wow Ak1nza, that looks bad. Hope they do a good job fixing it...

·
Registered
325 Posts
That looks really bad. It must be the cow used on yours had some skin problem. :lol: Anyway, my brick seats are still ok with over 52K now. Except there are only some wrinkles on the side of the bottom, other than that, the seats still look like new.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
gee :roll: mine looks bad on the bolsters, but that is to be expected i would think. ...what happens if you smooth that flat with your hand? does it always have a perfect imprint of your ass? :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I have 10800km or roughly 6750 miles in the last 16 months I have has my FX and today is seat try number 3, hope it all goes well.

Jim

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pushing down on the deformation doesn't do anything. The leather in the FX just doesn't have that elasticity to it. The leather is stretched already, and won't seem to shrink back to it's original shape.

I've never encountered this with any of the other cars I've sat in. My parents have an RX300 that's nearing 5 years now and the leather isn't stretched... There are creases sure but not stretched or deformed.

What's up with that Infiniti???

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
it is an odd thing that this happens. for me, my drivers seat is fine, yet my passenger seat is the one that bubbles/stretches. i can get that one to go flat though after its been empty for a bit.

·
Registered
172 Posts
My parents have a 00 Pathfinder and their seats are fine!

I'm starting to bubble as well after only 2500 miles :(

I am going to wait till the end of the warranty to get them replaced though, this way i can wear it out as much as i can :lol:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok. I have dropped off my car at Infiniti of Latham. I drove all the way from Boston to here to get this done. My brother lives here too. 5 Mins ago I called the service department to see when I can get my car back....

So the week that the Service Manager placed the order (week of Jan 19) for my seat leather he also left his job. That is he left his job after he ordered my new leather. So now there's a new service manager.

One of the service guys said that because the previous service manager is no longer there he's gonna have to treat this complaint as a new one and now he has to go through Infiniti to see if they will replace my seat under warranty!

Now they tell me they can't change my leather because it's a trim item and they have to go through Infiniti to change my leather! THEY ORDERED THE SEAT LEATHER AND HAVE THE PART IN HAND! They've seen my seats but now they won't change it! They said it's NORMAL. The guy also said that it's because I have 37000 miles on my car!

LOOK AT MY SEAT!!!! I'm 140 pounds! I'm the only one who drives the car. I'm not heavy! ARE THEY BLIND!???? My passenger side is bubbling too!

Man I'm pissed....

Any ideas as to what I should do? I'm pretty **** irritated right now. I'm really not happy w/ my seats looking the way they look. I came here to get my seat leather replaced. It's obviously deformed, stretched, and bubbling. Sigh...

help.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ak1nza,

I live around Boston too. I had the same issue with my 04 graphite seats, after 3000 miles I took it to Kelly infiniti in Danvers and they ordered new ones and replaced em in a week. They said that they would only swap em once. So far new leather has been good...some bubbling but not as bad as the original. I would give them a shot, I bought my car at quirk and swore I would never get any work done there. Kelly infiniti has been good to me so far. Only 25 min from Boston. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
That's bull, they replaced mine with no questiosn asked, they did have to get approval from Infiniti to do it. Call Infiniti and they will work this out for you, it is not your job to worry about this. Get a rep from Infiniti customer service and ask him to take ownership of this and ensure it happens and you are satisfied. Then sit back and let him hash it out.

Your the customer, you should not be bothered with any hastles.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I think the leather problem isn't really from the leather. Rather I think the foam that they are using for the seats are too soft and not stiff enough.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Am I the only one who really doesn't see the big deal about the pictures Andrew (Akinza) put up? I mean, if my seats looked like that, I really wouldn't care ...! I once had a Volvo whose seats did that, didn't bug me one bit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts