Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver seat has began to bubble something fierce. I took it to get my maintence and the guy their said it was a common problem that has been occuring. I asked him if it was covered under warrenty and he said yes. I then asked what needed to be done to fix it and he said "I do not think there is anything we can do to fix it."

WTF????

Covered under warrenty but they cannot fix it? Any of you had success with the seat issue and dealer?

I had a friend that had the same issue. He got lucky though. The dealer gave him the wrong car from the lot and his car with the correct VIN was still at the dealer. He simply said either fix my seat or he will simply just take his real car home.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
what model year is your FX?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
what color is the leather? let me guess......graphite? :eek:

where is the "bubbling"? is it in the middle of the seat pad, or wrinkling on the edges?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
very interesting....we were hoping that the new seat design might alleviate this issue. most of us have it in the graphite 03 and 04 seats.

its an odd thing too since my passenger seat bubbles like mad, but is rarely used...yet my driver seat has never bubbled at all. this is very different from a lot of folks who seems to get it in their driver seat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2004 with brick leather, and both my driver and passenger seats are now having bubbles with only about 2k miles. I took it to the dealer and they're ordering new seat covers to replace them.

I am not sure if they're related, but bubbles started to show only after I used the heated seat function for the first time.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I thought '05's seats should do better. :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just picked up my 04 FX45 from the dealer yesterday as it was in for the same issue.... and there is a fix.

What is done is the covers are removed, new padding is installed, additional thin layer of padding is put in on top, then an adhesive is used prior to placing the cover back on.

The seats look absolutely amazing! I was shocked to even find out that this was the same seats that I brought it in with!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i have 03 graphite seats and last week i was testing an 05 and inspecting the leather. <opinion>To me</opinion> the 05 seat leather seems to be thicker or firmer. the 03 leather was very very soft and pliable. the new leather seems to be more like (not the same as) the leather i see in an audi or volvo.

with that said, i would THINK it would hold up a bit better ,expecially with the new split in the seat cusion.

the cushions are not perforated as far as i could see (correct me if im wrong here). they seemed to have holes that only go half way thru the leather to give the impression of pefs.

if its any consolation, my neighbor got a brand new 05 toyota seqouia (sp?) and his leather already has wrinkles and marks after about 150 miles ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I have a service coming up. I will have to start my battle to get this fixed. It is wierd. The leather does not seem like it is glued at all to the cusion. It wrinkles like a Sharpie when I rub my hands down then seat.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Please excuse my ignorance, but what does "bubbling" mean? Can someone post a picture of what it looks like? Thank you

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Just got mine back tonight for the bubble fix on passanger side. The leather looks the same but is stiffer. Looks good so far. They had to get special authroization for the fix and sublet it out for installation of the new bottom pad. Only time will tell....I hope it does not wear differently then my stock drivers side bottom.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I took mine to the dealer and they ordered new seats for me. Just picked it up last night and the new seats that they put in are more wrinkled than the original ones I dropped off...They claim that when I sit on it they will flatten out. The service manager also said that it was because of the way that they were shipped. I told him that makes no sense. He said that if they haven’t flattened out by the time the next service comes around they would swap em out again.

·
Registered
706 Posts
My seat is squeaking like a sick pig. Nothing bad but annoying. No rocking as of yet. I performed the seat squeak TSB but it keeps coming back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts