Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm buying an FX 45 in December and am looking for some people that haven't had problems with their seat cushions. I viewed the disturbinly graphic photos of you poor souls who have had problems... yikes!
I was also wondering if certain conditions add to this problem (weather, heat, using seat warmers, etc.). I live in FL and while not being b!tch slaped by hurricanes, we have oppressive heat 9 1/2 months of the year.
Any encouragement is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Athena5026 said:
Any encouragement is appreciated.
My brick seats still look great at ~5K miles. 8)

If it's something that is going to annoy you, then you should not take a chance on the black leather seats. The brick and willow seats tend to not have the "bubbling" problems. You could also just get cloth seats if you don't want any other options in the car.

It is possible that Infiniti has upgraded the leather for the '05 models -- but I doubt it.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Athena5026 said:
and am looking for some people thathaven't had problems with their seat cushions.
I have an FX-45 with the brick interior built in Jan 03, bought in November 03, and now has 24K miles and I have zero problems with my seats. Go brick!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Go with Brick... you wont have any issues (or atleast have a much, much smaller chance).

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have the brick interior and no problems in 2 1/2 months and 7000 miles. I also weigh in, in the 250 - 260 range so it does kind of get a stress test, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Over a year, 13,500 miles and my Brick is perfect.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the replies. I was planning to get brick/black due to it's unique appearance and this helps assure me this is a wise choice.

·
Registered
848 Posts
19k mi. here, and my willows look fine (that sounds like something Abbott would say before Costello delivered the punchline :oops: )...well, they need a bit of cleaning, but there's no bubbling.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
...1300 miles and my 'willows' still look great!!! :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
My 03 brick with 18k look great.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
6k miles and my graphite looks awful

·
Registered
662 Posts
Bought mine 6 months ago and now with 15000 miles on it. Graphite is pain. Dealer replaced the leather which seems letter than original. But service didn't install it properly. I will have the dealer redo it at 15k check up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
1K miles and already looks like crap. *sigh*

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Well its under warantee, so just keep getting the seats replaced or repaired untill they decided to do a recall of all the seats and change to a different leather.

Guys with graphite, keep complaining to Infiniti, this way if there is a replacement I can get mine done over here too.

Jim

·
Registered
235 Posts
mushutofu and i are planning to start a "group complain" on our crappy graphite interior. We may just go to our local dealership as a group and complain for now and see what it leads us. Eventually, i think we need to complain to infiniti corporate in order to get somewhere...

·
Registered
882 Posts
POS leather!!!!!!!!!!
I was gonna go with willow interior but It gets dirty.

·
Registered
706 Posts
My 03FX had Willow interior and I had bubbling of the driver's side seat. I swapped out in January to an 04 model with graphite interior and they have held up pretty good. My side bolster is taking a beating getting in and out though but no bubbling or excessive stretching.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts