Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, it's my turn. Took it to the local touchless Car Wash (Crenshaw, where I've been going for years) and when I got it back noticed a couple of parallel hairline scratches that start at the beginning of the drivers-side rear door and go almost to the taillight with little breaks in between. :evil: I know they weren't there when I took it in, and what I figure is one of the car wash guys scratched it up when they stood on the ramp to reach the top. Of course, nobody comprende what I mean 'till I start saying "Police", then I get the Manager who blows smoke up my ass- wouldn't even give me my $20 back, claiming it was previous damage. Last time I go there- he knows I came all the time, it's a copper FX- not exactly all over the road in the 'hood (and they get all kinds of baller-mobiles there, which is why I kept going after I got the '45).

I've been meaning to take it to a real detail shop and get fully clayed/washed/Zaino/Zaino/Zaino'ed, so I guess it's gonna happen sooner than later.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
](*,)
They just dont listen, do they.

It should buff out okay.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet Fx said:
](*,)
They just dont listen, do they.
Who, the car-wash people?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Yes, the car wash people. They never think any damage is their fault.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally got around to taking this to a body shop. I wanted to wait 'till I could get up to the place that fixed me up when that support post jumped out at me this Spring, and they're 80mi from where I'm working now. There's other body shops, but you go with the devil you know. Anyway, they were able to buff out all but this one little-fingernail-sized (and shaped) scratch on the rear hatch, and I'm really glad and impressed with what they've done.

If any of you live in or near Thousand Oaks, give the guys at Courtesy Body Shop on TO Blvd a try. Ask for Matt Sgro.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
We haven't seen a pic of you lately, aren't we due? (I'm partial to LC,anyway) Glad to hear you're COOL again.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PINITI-FX said:
We haven't seen a pic of you lately, aren't we due?
My car? ****, I'm so very bone-stock (my one and only "mod" so far is a $45 K&N filter) if you want to see my car, just pull up the Infiniti FX home-page. :)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ShadyJC said:
TO is a little far for me but I need a little work done on my other car (Lexus LX470)... do you know of any place in the Hollywood/Universal City/Burbank area you would recommend?
I picked Courtesy back then 'cause of their willingness to give me a better price since I was paying cash (insurance is such a racket- I pay $5Gs/yr and am afraid to use it) and because of their proximity to TO Infiniti (where I get my car fixed). I called the Infi dealers closer to me and asked them where they got their body work done (and they were all higher in the LA area), so maybe you could call one of the Lexus dealers there and see whom they use?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Punisher said:
Is this the one at Crenshaw and Sepulveda?
Crenshaw and Stocker.

Ever since, I've been going to the car wash on Slauson and West- they do a much better job. The women aren't as cute as the ones at Crenshaw, but ya can't have folks scratchin' your ride!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts