Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little cousin got button happy and just had to press the garage door opener when I was backing out... I was able to pull my fx back in in time to save from any body damage, but one of the joints from the garage door put a 3 inch scrath on the back end of the rear bumper... Needless to say, it'll be a while before my little cousin touches another garage door opener again...

Can anyone recommend a good scratch remover product/method for the bumper area? The scratch is fairly thin, but fairly deep.

Thanks!

----------------------------
Pete
'04 FX35 RWD Diamond Graphite/Willow W/Touring & Sport, Stillen Strut

·
Registered
176 Posts
I use Meguir's Deep Scratch/Cut Remover; I've used it on a variety of scratches. I prefer it to the typical rubbing compound. Just be careful not to rub too much! I've been able to remove many scratches/gouges that initially brought pain to my eyes!!!

I think I bought it at Pep Boy's several years ago for 5 or 6 bux.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
God, that just brought back a really bad memory... Good luck getting it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip... Good thing there's a pep boys around the corner... just wish there is a remover for emotional trauma....

·
Registered
142 Posts
If the scratch is "surface", a polish will work...,
If it is down to the primer or metal, you can not polish what is not there.
In that case, use a quality touch-up paint and Mothers Paint Chip/Scratch Repair Kit to make the repair..., just make sure the "TU" paint is a perfect match:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts