Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have really enjoyed my FX and will for the next year and half. But I am making my way back to BMW and I put a deposit down on an E90 M3, which is rumored to have 400hp V8. If it is anything like the previous M3s (which I owned an E36 M3 before my FX) it’s going to be one **** of a car.

I still have a lot of time to enjoy my FX but I am really excited about getting back in to a sports coupe.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Bye, say Hi to MUST. when you pass each other.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
wow.....

may i ask what the damage on that is ?

this sounds like the "perfect" M3 that must is looking for

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can only guess on pricing because it has not been officially release, there again the car has not been officially released either yet, but optioned out it should be in the low $60Ks. But I will be paying MSRP and not over as some dealers like to do with these high demand cars.

I should be behind the wheel Oct/Nov of next year. I am 3rd on the list for the M3 and right now there are 30 people on this list but I guess that will jump once the new 3 series hits dealerships in May

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here are some photoshoped images to give an idea of what it could look like.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I don't care for the E90 styling at all, thus I'm still after an E46 M3. The E90 will no doubt be larger and heavier; I prefer a lighter car and handling over more power and pure acceleration. That first 'chop looks pretty wicked, though....

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree it will be bigger but not that much heavier. If we look at the 330 E46 and E90 there is only an increase of 132lbs from 3285 to 3417 and the power to weight ratio has gone up by 10% from 14.6 lbs/HP to 13.4 lbs/HP... I know I'm not comparing the M versions but at least us give us an idea of what to expect.

Enjoy your E46 M3, its an incredible car.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Vivid said:
I have really enjoyed my FX and will for the next year and half. But I am making my way back to BMW and I put a deposit down on an E90 M3, which is rumored to have 400hp V8. If it is anything like the previous M3s (which I owned an E36 M3 before my FX) it’s going to be one **** of a car.

I still have a lot of time to enjoy my FX but I am really excited about getting back in to a sports coupe.
Unless you've already put your name on an MSRP dealer's list, be prepared to pay to pay anywhere from $6-10k over MSRP.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vivid said:
I can only guess on pricing because it has not been officially release, there again the car has not been officially released either yet, but optioned out it should be in the low $60Ks. But I will be paying MSRP and not over as some dealers like to do with these high demand cars.
Not doubt there will be huge premiums for those that do not get on the list but I am on the waitlist and will only pay MSRP.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ShadyJC said:
Vivid said:
here are some photoshoped images to give an idea of what it could look like.
Here are some spy shots to show what it WILL look like
Actually those spy shots are thought to be a test mule of the coupe with all wheel drive as you can see the snow being forced up from the front tires, the twin exhausts have some thinking is the M but M cars have never had all wheel drive and they are not going in that direction... with all that camo I can't tell what it will look like.

Bjividen, yea the 6 is wicked especially the M6

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Vivid said:
I agree it will be bigger but not that much heavier. If we look at the 330 E46 and E90 there is only an increase of 132lbs from 3285 to 3417 and the power to weight ratio has gone up by 10% from 14.6 lbs/HP to 13.4 lbs/HP... I know I'm not comparing the M versions but at least us give us an idea of what to expect.
Oh, I agree that it won't be that much heavier and will undoubtedly be faster; my primary concern is the styling. If the M5 is any indication, the E90 M3 wil be pretty sedate and not that much of a departure from the regular 3 series. Still, on the weight, that's about the difference between a RWD and an AWD FX and the difference in handling and steering response is noticable. Granted, BWM has much more advanced suspension, so no doubt it'll handle just as well, if not better than the E46, but even that car is about at the upper size limit I like in a sporty car.

At any rate, it's likely all a moot point for me. Due to some problems at home and the impending "lifestyle restructuring", I doubt an M3 will be in my immediate future, so I'm currently looking at staying in the family and getting a 350Z. At least then I'll have owned the whole FM platform collection with this engine/drivetrain configuration. :D

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
At any rate, it's likely all a moot point for me. Due to some problems at home and the impending "lifestyle restructuring", I doubt an M3 will be in my immediate future, so I'm currently looking at staying in the family and getting a 350Z. At least then I'll have owned the whole FM platform collection with this engine/drivetrain configuration. :D
VQ ~ Third time's a charm, huh? :shock: Will you be writing a book on this engine, or should we wait for the movie? :roll: welcome, back.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
:lol: Stay tuned. I'm driving up tp Dallas Sat to check out a silver '03 Track 350Z. If all looks good, I'll be driving it back.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hope the Z works out for you... defiantly a nice/fun car, it looks great in sliver.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.