Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He blasted past me in the opposite direction on a twisty road, so I couldn't even catch if it was M35 or 45. First off, it didn't much look like a G35. Thank Gaaaaaawd :oops: . A fairly hefty rig, actually, about the size of the new 5-series. And the color was a variation on the burgundy metalic theme.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i saw one in person this morning at the inifiniti dealer in tysons corner. it was a DG M45 with the nice 19" wheels, etc..

looked really nice, but i was not floored like i was hoping. the interior looks nice and comfy (i cant compare size to a BMW or anything since i havent seen a 5 series interior in person).

i was a bit disappointed in the alimunim trim as it has a stamped look like the new FX trim, but the FX trim is actually stamped whereas the M trim was just "drawn" on with thin black lines to give it that look.

also, for all of you wondering about the new NAV look and feel, its almost exactly the same as the current system. the red triangle car thingy is a bit more 3D, but i think its fatter and uglier than the current one. im not sure how the thing works differently than the current one, but i would suspect the same.
bottom line.....im SUPER glad i upgraded to an FX45 and kept the FX :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Saw an M35x and an M45 at the dealer. Nice. It has the FX style grill with the bumps.

The M45 had 19" while the M35x had 18" versions of the 20" FX rims (it had 8 spokes versus the 7 on the 18" FX rims)

I like it.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I drove a 45 with tech, journey, sport on Saturday. I was impressed. Drove really, really nice. Smoooooth. Nice power. I felt very comfortable in the seats. After a while my butt got a little cold. The sales guy had turned on the seat cooler. Man, that would be really nice in mid-summer. Push-button start is cool. The insrument panel rings light up really cool when the car starts.

I liked the screen a LOT better than the FX. They added a better (user-friendlier) GUI with colors and easier-on-the-eyes fonts. You can see both Audio and HVAC at the same time. Didn't play with the Nav, tho. Most of the dash controls are set on an angle (towards the windshield) rather than vertical, like the FX. Not bad, just different. I liked the joystick better.

Stereo sounded great, although I didn't get a chance to hear a 5.1 disc. Two little speakers in both front seats right behind each ear. The buttons on the steering wheel are nicer. Didn't have a chance to play with any of the voice activation. Sales guys haven't been to M training yet.

Kicked off the LDW a couple times. Not as "alarming" as I had thought. Was daytime, so I didn't get a chance to see the adaptive headlights work.

The camera as a cool feature. Coming back, I was backing into the spot at the dealer. The guidelines like the FX's are there, but they added a box that shows you where the car is in relation to those lines. When you have the wheels turned, it shows you where the car would go if you kept the wheels in that position.

Overall, I like! 8)

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
test drove the M!!!

i went to my dealer and test drove it this past friday, there is a definate power difference between the 35 and 45, they both rev differently than our fx, lotta power, quick, nimble, i drove it around pro player stadium, it's where the miami dolphins play football, so since there was no game the lot and its surrounding roads were empty, so the opportunity presented itself and i open them up, tested the seatbelt pre tensioners, the back up camera, the bluetooth technology, the manumatic (which pops of to the right...i like that), the reclining back seats, the rear dvd, the dvd on the nav screen when the parking brake is down, the 5.1 surround sound system, the early lane departure warning system, all in all it was very cool...i think that will be my next car...or at least my wife's next car...hehe

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
FYI....

I noticed that the M was gonna be featured on a new Motorweek show this weekend....

FYI....

·
Registered
161 Posts
I sat in one this morning waiting for them to change the oil in the FX. Not quit as roomy in the back seats but i dont sit back there. It is a bit pricey but what isnt these days. The FX does have a unique look of its own. I m still up in the air about the new M, lots of cool features but nothing I cant live without, yet. Well see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.