Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing was tested by Car & Acura magazine, and they came away with pretty decent numbers.

0-60MPH in 7 sec
0-90MPH in 16 sec
5-60MPH in 7.5 sec
1/4 mile in 15.5 sec @ 89 MPH

Of course the #s for braking and skidpad were a joke, but that's hardly suprising. The new VUE rolls with a Honda 3.5L VTEC V6 and 5AT; same as the MDX. In Saturn application the motor pumps 250HP and 242 lb-ft. And it retails for about $25K. So if one doesn't cringe at the thought of being seen driving a Saturn, I'd say it's quite a bargain. What I do find distressing is its posted 0-60MPH times. Which are in the FX35 territory. Ouch :shock: ! Could that trigger the ****-I-shoulda-gotten-V8 threads now :mrgreen: ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had an 03 vue for 6 months. It went back to the dealer NINE times for various problems. The salt lake service dept is TOTALLY unresponsive to customer complaints, most items took at least two attempts before a change was ever attempted. When I traded it for the FX i took a SIX THOUSAND dollar loss and couldn't be HAPPIER about it!!! Now maybe I just got *lucky* with my vue, but I'll never even think about Saturn/GM ever again after it. And since my wife talked me into getting it in the first place, she doesn't get to pick the cars anymore (sorry honey). She LOVES the FX, but who wouldn't??

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
actually, i think the VQ series is way more resposive and smooth when compared to the honda V6....that part of the reason why i got another v6 instead of the V8 on my FX.....that and the negative equity from my smashed up G35 :lol:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Its has a honda powerplant in a saturn??

with a rubbermaid body..........

((kinda think that might be okay though))

seriously though, years ago i checked it out for a relative of mine....

what a POJ it was then.... all the switchgear and buttontry looked cheap and felt as if it would break off in your hands (especially the window switches)

pass, i will............

cant touch the fx (vk or vq) regardless of how fast that can moves......

·
Registered
17 Posts
Actually Honda's 3.2/3.5 liters are very smooth and can be very responsive. My CL-S is very responsive (CAI Intake helps here) really the tranny dictates the smoothness. Thats where Honda/Acura drooped the ball (CL/TL) they had to extend the warrenty to [email protected]#$ On th other hand I am also very happy with the VQ (first time owner of VQ)

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
CL2FX said:
Actually Honda's 3.2/3.5 liters are very smooth and can be very responsive. My CL-S is very responsive (CAI Intake helps here) really the tranny dictates the smoothness. Thats where Honda/Acura drooped the ball (CL/TL) they had to extend the warrenty to [email protected]#$ On th other hand I am also very happy with the VQ (first time owner of VQ)
yeah...ive owned both as well, and the shifting was not as clean on my honda. but the big thing for me was that when i step on the gas in the honda, the rpms would come up faster than the actualy acceleration (i.e... maybe the tranny again). even the newer engines with the drive by wire still seem to have that same thing.....maybe SOHC vs. DOHC as well???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts