Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to get the radio unit to show the full artist/title in SAT mode? Currently my display truncates it at about 10 letters or so.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have non-tech! How do you scroll it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The radio supports up to 20 characters on the display for artist and title, but the XM receiver doesn't. Apparently the Sirius receiver provides longer titles.

The XM receiver sends what it get's from the broadcast, then pads the rest of string with nulls (empty characters).

Looks like a case of blame XM, not Nissan (Oops, I mean Infiniti) or Clarion.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
jaak said:
The radio supports up to 20 characters on the display for artist and title, but the XM receiver doesn't. Apparently the Sirius receiver provides longer titles.

The XM receiver sends what it get's from the broadcast, then pads the rest of string with nulls (empty characters).

Looks like a case of blame XM, not Nissan (Oops, I mean Infiniti) or Clarion.
okay.....

as usual, thanks for the tech. info J!!

now... why oes am/fm scroll thru whereas the XM wont??

(same answer?)

you'd think it would be parallel in output...

S

·
Registered
10 Posts
I guess when you don't have enough characters to scroll, then it won't! As far as I know, it only scrolls, if there's enough there to scroll to.

So far, I've only seen CD's allow me to scroll. I haven't listened to AM, but I did check that it worked once. On FM, I've yet to see a station here, broadcast anything more than a Station ID on RDS. (I keep hoping...)

·
Registered
10 Posts
To do it, requires an RDS encoder and modulator that will work with the transmitter to insert the RDS subcarrier. That's at the transmitter end. At the Studio end, there has to be a system that's modern enough to supply the artist and track info. Now I know most of the major stations have this in place, as they're already on DAB here in Canada (But hardly anyone's listening there yet) and all that info is there for most of them.

So it's just a case of getting off their behinds and connecting what's already installed. They're sending station ID's so the transmitter hardware is in place. And DAB has the content.

Maybe they haven't bought the connecting cable yet. Some of those connectors are pricy! Maybe as much as $5!!! :?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts