Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 fx after a day or 2 car starts really rough and smooths out after a few seconds. Any ideas what I should look for. I checked the radiator for bubbling thinking it may be a head gasket. No bubbling, also checked the oil for any contamination. Could it be the throttle body.

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Could be a dirty throttle body but it could be a lot of things. If you clean the throttle body do so carefully. I think there's a DIY around here somewhere.

Is it pulling any codes?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be a dirty throttle body but it could be a lot of things. If you clean the throttle body do so carefully. I think there's a DIY around here somewhere.

Is it pulling any codes?
No codes but a week before it started I had put a can of fuel system cleaner in the tank. Don't know if that had anything to do with it. The car has to be not running for at least a day or two before it happens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2005 fx after a day or 2 car starts really rough and smooths out after a few seconds. Any ideas what I should look for. I checked the radiator for bubbling thinking it may be a head gasket. No bubbling, also checked the oil for any contamination. Could it be the throttle body.
Check for Crankshaft Position Sensor or Camshaft Position Sensor...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts