Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 FX35 that i have had for about 3 weeks purchased brand new. Well ever since I have had it, there is an odd squeak or rubbing noise coming from behind the drivers seat when i go over a bumb of just about any size even a small one. I know it is coming from somehwere around where the seat belt is attached to the pillar on the drivers side. Has anyone else had this problem? What could it be? Any suggestions? Can i fix it myself?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi,

I have my FX for 5 weeks now and I hear a noise on the passenger side, same area as you described. Since it is hard to drive and at the same time check out the problem I have to find someone who will drive around with me, so that I can pay all attention to what's wrong.

Axel

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Are you sure its not the center arm rest in the back seat? It rubs against the seat and makes a squeaky noise. You can put Lexol or similar on it to make it stop. A few of us here have had that.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I had the same problem - and mine was the center armrest in the rear. I just leave it down and the squeak is gone. I cant stand noises in the car!! :x

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
another test is to push in on the side door paneland see if its dry and rubbing on the metal. this will squeak if you have your arm on the armrest while going around turns and stuff.

also note that the side seat bolster is very close to the b-pillar and can flex enough to rub the pillar with the leater in turns or some bumps. check both of those too.

·
Registered
220 Posts
One other suggestion .. my sunroof squeeked on bumps, et cetera. Push up on the glass a few times, see if you hear it.

If so, every 4-6 months, I put some Armor All on the gasket around the sunroof. That silences it.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Try moving the two seats in the rear. Recline one more than the other. Mine had that squeak, once I seperated the two a little, I leather conditioned the two places the seats touched, and no more squeak.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a similar noise. However - in our case it was not the seat itself. The squeak was coming from the left rear seat belt holster that is attached to the pillar.

At first I thought it was the belt mechanism where it loops behind the trim piece. However - before taking any apart - I tested the other 3 primary seat belt holsters and none made the noise.

I lifted the plastic trim that covers the holster (the one that is part of the button you pull and push to slide the seat height adjuster belt up / down) and sprayed some NON-staining petroleum lubricant.

This helped but the noise was not gone completely. So I pulled on the actual button - I pulled up and it had enough room to allow the nozzle-stick on the spary bottle to sneak in and sprayed some lubricant in there. Under the button there is a push-pin that is metal. This when pushed or pull allows you to slide the adjuster on a track. Because I pulled it up and sprayed into it - it not only sprayed the push-pull pin mechanism - but also managed to get into the track and surrounding moving parts.

Now the noise is gone. No more squeaking.

When you do this - take a shop towel and put it opposite of the area you are going to spray to prevent overspray from landing on other trim and leather surfaces. Make sure to wipe off any excess that may trickle down the holster and down onto the belt itself. And of course - look for NON-staining petroleum based spray.

Some said - try white lithium because it does not have a scent. And I agree - white lithium spray is odorless but it is messier and it dries whitish. The key to avoiding odor is to allow your car to vent, avoid overspray and of course - wipe down any overspray, clean the areas not intended and freshen with a neutralizer.

Good Luck! :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
OH MAN!!!! I have the most annoying ticking, clicking sound coming from behind the passenger seat. I had my rear camera replaced and ever since there's this annoying clicking sound every time I hit a bump. It SUCKS!!! Anyone else have this problem...if so, any resolutions?

The dealer looks at me like I'm crazy and they don't want to do a **** thing about it. I'm so fed up w/ dealers!!! I bring my car in one way and I get it back another. I would write to Infiniti and complain but I don't know who to send these type of letters to. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
rottsko said:
I would write to Infiniti and complain but I don't know who to send these type of letters to. Any ideas?
Yeah. Just send them to your trash pail cause thats what Infiniti does with them. They don't give a crap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.