Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always warm up my engine and trans before i get on the pedal. Lately after warming up and i punch the gas my rpms go to the 7000 range right at the shift and the rev limiter kicks in for a second and then the trans shifts. This has been happening since i added the high boost pulley 1st 2nd and sometimes even 3rd gears, anyway to avoid thisis there any other option other than manual mode? will a different converter ,valve body upgrade fix or is the trans just not doing its job. Trans feels good but shifting just a little bit too late in the red. any input?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Man, your engine must be reving up so fast.. I wish I had that problem... Hitting the rev limiter is fine...I guess your engine revs up so fast that the stock shift point can't handle it... Maybe your computer will learn itself to shift at lower rpm over time..
How is your car running besides that? smoke any fast cars yet?

·
Registered
882 Posts
you should look into a chip...not sure if there are any for the FX but the Z and G guys have one. Technosquare in LA does an ECU reflash which should up your rev limit.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
We don't hve any flash burn or piggy back changes to our ECU.I assume this is on throttle shifting and not everyday driving.
If on throttle then the ECU cannot read and anticipate fast enough.Talk to a good trans shop if a valve body mod can help this.Also check on the Z/ G35 sites where more blowers exist and is this their problem too with automatics.Cannot say I am surprised since the trans is so sluggish to respond when NA...weird.And Stillen says?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shifts

have not spoke to stillen yet. otherwise runnin great. Had a real nice run with a rx8 on the nj turnpike the other night . surprisingly after the toll we both were going around a nice turn and his rearend kicked out twice and the fx stood its ground while right on his tail. I had 4 guys @ 200lbs each, that could have played a huge factor. I dont know why but between shifts the rx8 was blowin flames out the pipes? kit? nitro? well so happens this rx8 is probably back at the speed shop in discust because he couldnot pass an fx :) .for some reason that night my sc ran like a bat out of ****!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sounds

A Rob that sounded like fun. I wish I was there. Have you tried resetting the ECU to see if it will fix the Rev Limit problem while in auto?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
reset ecu

yes i did and it seems to be better . I really have to let the trans warm up before i get on it. Remember i put a trans cooler and these trans shift differently according to the temp sensors in the trans. Hey maybe i had a really good tank of gas and i changed octane boosts. Stillen suggests that i run a boost gauge that i may be runnin too much boost. Says this happens when you go to the high boost pulleys. Cant seem to blow up this engine ! tryin hard :lol: would love to build a new block with all titanium valves, rods and bored cylinders!

Anyhow just havin as much fun with the fx now as i can! enjoy all ,you only live once!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts