Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
i'm not into lesbian news.

Actually I think all lesbians/gays should repent and turn from their wicked ways.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I heard they registered at Snap On tools. :lol:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Stereotypes didn't just spring up out of nowhere. (I'm gay, I can say that :D )

Did anyone ever catch the MadTV skit last year about a hair salon for lesbians... they had all 7 hair styles! (the mullett, the first lady, the PGA pro, etc...

·
Registered
706 Posts
not sure what you meant about stereotypes.... but as long as your not trying to ruin the sanctity(sp?) of marraige then your fine.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
sanctity of marrage LOL thats a bunch of BS. if u feel uncomfortable just say so at least admit it.

if two men are allowed to walk down the street holding hands and it offends u why is it a big deal if they are wearing wedding rings?

besides straight people already killed the sanctity of marriage long ago with who wants to marry a millionaire and all these other shows. well that and the divorce rate that is surpassing 50 percent LOL.

I saw on bill orielly that df was trying to say that gays shouldnt get married cuz it would resault in marrying animals and having multiple husbands and wives ROFL.
How does one go from gay marriages to marrying dogs and marrying more than one person?! THAT'S offensive. who comes up with this crazy nonesense!? what ever happend to arguing about the issue AT HAND!

·
Registered
848 Posts
contaygious said:
sanctity of marrage LOL thats a bunch of BS. if u feel uncomfortable just say so at least admit it.

if two men are allowed to walk down the street holding hands and it offends u why is it a big deal if they are wearing wedding rings?

besides straight people already killed the sanctity of marriage long ago with who wants to marry a millionaire and all these other shows. well that and the divorce rate that is surpassing 50 percent LOL.

I saw on bill orielly that df was trying to say that gays shouldnt get married cuz it would resault in marrying animals and having multiple husbands and wives ROFL.
How does one go from gay marriages to marrying dogs and marrying more than one person?! THAT'S offensive. who comes up with this crazy nonesense!? what ever happend to arguing about the issue AT HAND!
Just my opinion, so I'll disagree with you on several counts.

No offense, but at 21, you may be bright and opinionated, but you haven't experienced enough to lay that line about the sanctity of marriage being BS. Ok, well maybe just in CA :lol: ...just kidding.

Let me preface these next few comments by saying that although I was raised with a religious background, I'm no "holy-roller", don't even attend church anymore...so please don't catagorize me with all the Jerry Falwell types.

There are many people who have no problem with folks being gay, but have trouble with them calling it "marriage". Why do you find it offensive to make the leap from "gay marriages" to other types?...you find that to be offensive, but I find the term "gay marriage" to be offensive. Personally, I'm fine with some kind of legal union that gives them the same LEGAL rights as marriage. But the definition of marriage has always been one man & one woman...the term has religous origins, and gay unions don't, so for me it's just a terminology issue.

I think it's unfair of you to make the comment about the marry a millionare show, and others...like straight people all buy into this Hollywood BS. My wife & I watched a few episodes and laughed about all the shallow women involved.

Other than the fact that this is an election year, why is this suddenly big news? Sure we, as a country, need to face & resolve this, but it shouldn't be at the top of our priority list with Iraq, the economy & the next president to be decided upon.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
i respect ur opinion.

for the record i meant that comparing a man marrying a man to a man marrying a dog is offensive because we are all humans! marying animals is not the issue at hand so why do people use it as an excuse? i find it degrading.

p.s. this wouldnt be a huge issue right now if everyone wasnt going crazy about it and let San Francisco do its own thing.

·
Registered
848 Posts
particlefx said:
Jeez, I really hate it when I find myself agreeing with FromHereToInfiniti. :evil:
LOL :lol: Funny how we can color our opinions of people by a single disagreement such as the one we had. I think we've agreed on topics here & FA much more than we've disagreed.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Oh, I'm not uncomfortable around gays are even talking about it. I'm just not going to recognize them as married. Marriage from the beginning of days has been between man and woman. There.purpose in life is to reproduce and fill the world. God was the one who defined the definition of marriage. That is the definition that I will recognize.

Gays and Lesbians want the benefits of marriage even though they can't reproduce. By definition, they can't be married. I'm sure they have reasons that they believe qualify them for marriage but this whole concept shows the corruption of this society.

When I spend time in prayer I pray that we all would spend more time pleasing God and his will and I'm proud to say this is not his will to have man marry man and woman marry woman.

I think they did that in Sodom and Gomorrah (SP?) and some of us all know what happened to those towns.

·
Registered
134 Posts
preserving the sanctity of marriage would also be accomplished by outlawing divorce. We pay our taxes, live our lives, and love our partners... just like everyone else. I'm not hung up on the marriage word, but there should not be a constitutional amendment.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
i was just going to say the same thing.

No one agreed with interracial marraiges at first. Gays are not asking for approval from God for marriage they are asking for equal rights under the law which in America claims to have little to do with religion

·
Registered
38 Posts
Personally, I'm fine with some kind of legal union that gives them the same LEGAL rights as marriage. But the definition of marriage has always been one man & one woman...the term has religous origins, and gay unions don't, so for me it's just a terminology issue.
I guess that's the closest argument I've heard for my position on this issue... I believe that just about any two people should have the right to make a legal commitment to one another that would give them the same rights as "married" couples have with regard to taxes, inheritance, property rights, family health policies, etc. Same-sex couples with children should have the same rights to make a commitment to those children so that if something happens to one of them, there won't be a question of the child being sent off to a foster home because they aren't "married." A stable home environment is exremely important.
I'll leave out the obvious arguments about the American divorce rate proving a rather cavalier attitude to "marriage" and move on to what I think is the main point here...
It's all just a smokescreen to make people pay attention to the wrong things in the upcoming elections.
(off my soapbox now)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Let's get back to FX'en!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have no problem with gays or straights marrying. As a straight, married, old fart, I have seen too many straight, married couples treating each other like Shi$, disrespecting the inheirant dignaty of the other and relating to the other in ways that they would never relate to a complete stranger to spend much time talking about some the sanctity of marriage. I do agree that the union between two humans that we call marriage is implicitly "sanctified." I just do not see many involved in that union explicitly behaving in wasy that reflect this "divine" reality and I **** sure can't speak for the Big Guy! What I can speak to is how it sends a chill down my back when issues like this result in an assult on the constitution and its delightful "blindness" when it comes to casts. Messing with Constitution and the intent of the founders who penned it, now that really scares me! It is encouraging for me to read the responses related to this really charged issue here on this forum and see the class demonstrated in the legit disagreements! Oh and by the way did I mention how much I love my FX? :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
contaygious
for a 21 year old, you are wise beyond your years.
you make a reasonable argument.
marraige is a religious issue not a governmental issue. the government should never be involved with this.
the bottom line is this. the constitution is not a document to deny people rights , it was written to police the government. is not even hard for me to say even as a married guy, special privilages to married people is unconstitutional. it is only natural for other people to want some of the handouts that married people get.
if we all would respect and abide by the constitution, then eliminate all freebees and handouts we wont have an issue.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Things I've heard in the past week:

"It doesn't say We The STRAIGHT People..."

"If the constitutional ban on gay marriage passes before the Equal Rights Amendment does, I'm leaving the country."

That last one belongs to my sister. I had forgotten that the ERA was never passed. It just goes to show you how long it takes to pass a constitutional amendment. After this one gets shot down we need to nip in the bud the one that Orrin Hatch presented that would allow foreign born people who have lived here for more than 20 years to become President. Can you say President Schwarzenegger? I've never been a political person by any means, but lately I guess my ears have been opening up to what's going on around me and it's really scary.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts