Infiniti FX Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I removed my rails by doing the cut bolt method. After cutting halfway through my second bolt i started breaking dremel cut off wheels so I figured I may run out of wheels before completing the job so i figured I would snap off the notched bolt. I placed one of the steel spacers over the notched bolt then using a 10mm 6 point deep well socket tightened one of the previous removed nuts until the bolt snapped. But to my surprise the bolt snapped off flush with the spacer. So after cutting off the remainder of the second stud, I placed a nut on the third stud and tighted until snug then pulling towards me an eighth turn at a time it snapped
off with a couple threads showing. On the fourth bolt I used the dremel tool to notch the outside of the bolt a third of the way through then installed a nut on the bolt and tightened and this bolt snapped off flush. I notched the remaining four bolts with the dremel tool and the bolts snapped off so clean I was able to use
the same nut over for all four bolts!

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Nice! Does anyone have the part # for Brilliant Silver roof end caps?

·
Registered
443 Posts
where to buy the cap pieces?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
tattooedbones said:
Nice! Does anyone have the part # for Brilliant Silver roof end caps?
Everythinginfiniti.com worked for me- $12 each (vs $20 :shock: from dealer). "04" is the color code for Brilliant silver- make sure you tell em the year as well, b/c BS for 05 is a little diff (more silver) than BS for 04/03...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is it possible to go rail-less on a 2007 or 2008?

They made rail caps for the earlier years (since this was a purchase option) , but I don't see them for the more recent years (which did not have this purchase option).

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the reply johnmax,

I tried that site yesterday. I put the part numbers in from the first post of this thread (#73882-CG003 (Liquid Copper) . They do have the part for year 2004, 2005 and 2006. When I enter the part number for 2007, it says there is no part available.

Anyway, I plan to get a Sapphire 2007 FX. If I change the last number of the part number, the color changes but there is no Sapphire.

I am wondering if they did not make the caps for colors developed after the rail-less look was no longer an option?

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts
Well I am not an expert on being rail-less :wink:, but even if they don't offer the color you need, you could always get some and have them painted.

·
Registered
35 Posts
johnmax said:
Well I am not an expert on being rail-less :wink:, but even if they don't offer the color you need, you could always get some and have them painted.
Thanks again,

I guess this will have to be my Plan B, if no one else suggests another source. :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Alright Guys, I just got my caps in on Tuesday and hope to do this on Sunday. Have a few questions about interior component removal. First is there any trick to removing the front pillars. They look like the might cause a little difficulty. Second, any tips for the rear cargo area. For the front bolts the removal doc is quite informational. Can't say as much for the rear. I installed my trailer wiring harness myself. Should i follow those instructions prior to removing the side cargo panels? Are there any tips other than to remove them. Clip or fastner locations? Looking for all that I can find, prior to diving in. All info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Great thread. I have my roof racks off now but I need the 4 end rail caps to cover the square holes at each end.
I have searched the link to the parts site in this thread but I am having no luck finding those. My FX35 is an 04 Beryillium in color.
Can someone direct me to this part. I am happy to know this part exsists. Now I wanna order it. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear sir

I have a infiniti fx 2014 year
Where i can buy end caps or a cover strip to cover the hole of roof rails?
I want to dia railectomy
Thanks in advance
Emanuele

·
Registered
1 Posts
Step 1: broke the single hex screw bolt housingon the front rack attachment to the roof rail. Both left and right sides. Dammit.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts