Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of removing the front bar of the roof rack and placing it in back with the rear one in parallel. I am not reall going to use the roof rack but it is there. What do you think. Also this way if I install my bike rack wont have too many bars up front.

Jim

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
If your speaking of factory crossbars, the front bar wont fit towards the rear...

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did not know that they look all the same to me so I thought that it would fit in the rear. After seeing a few cayanne and touage I thought the bars would work front and rear.

Jim

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
The front x bar is much wider than the rear bar.

Unfortunately, the front bar is bolted in place and the rear bar is psuedo 3 way adjustable... not like the slide back & forth, lock down type like most factory crossbars. It is a major pain to install and take off.... I have 2 sets of this P.O.S. accessory. The black bars are completely useless because of broken mounting brackets. The silver ones are sitting in my garage... I refuse to install it until its Snowboarding season.

I've said this before and I will say it again, the Infiniti FX crossbars is of PISS POOR design. Who ever designed it should be fired for sheer stupidity. I cant believe I spent so much money on that POS (Can you tell I hate the design and quality of the OEM crossbars?) :p

·
Registered
882 Posts
then what other options do we have? I was going to get crossbrars for the winter season.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Maybe the Yakima?

http://infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1076

It wont look as nice or integrated but just for ease of install/removal, I'd consider it. Personally, I dont like the look of the factory bars installed on the FX anyway (that's why I'm waiting for ski/snowboard season to install them).

·
Registered
882 Posts
thanks...i think i'll go with those as well

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thule has a setup for the fx. It has the mount and cross bars as a set. looks and works good. I have this on my car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts