Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping that everyone survived Charley's wrath and that all is well. Let us know how you are doing when you get back online.

·
Registered
15 Posts
8) Live in Sarasota but was down lobstering in the keys. Got chased out by Charley just in time to spend 25 hours in the OR taking care of victims! Just glad that thing turned east as the original path would have devastated most of the west coast of Fla.! :roll:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Taken from my post earlier today:

*JUST* got power back.

.... i live 30 mins away from the "eye" where Hurricane Charley touched down

That put me right in the middle of all of this action.

WIND!!
.. Holy crap wind.. like ive never seen it. 140 MPH... our fxes are governed at that speed, correct?
Rain was completely horizontal.

Damage to my house? Minimal. A 50ft washontonion palm broke in half.. its about 2ft in diameter.... well, was..

Signs gone. 800lb stop lights crashed to the ground.. the remaining ones not working too well. National Gaurd is out on every interesection directing traffic.

There is a rush for gas.. gas stations running out left and right.. lines.. yelling... fighting...

Places are slowly starting to re-open.

Sanibel Island was completely evacuated and most if it is probably destroyed.

The biggest trees you would think would stay in the ground.. RIPPED out. Looks like a giant tornado came through here.

Everyone I know is alright though. Lots of damage everywhere.

Lived in FL all my life... this is the first hurricane i have witnessed.. funny.

Got hot sleeping last night without A/C.

THE FX proved to be very helpful as i watched a dvd or two in the back seat and charged my phone and such.

This hurricane really did more than i thought it would. Bad stuff. I think there was an estimated $19 billion in damage.

American flag i saw was ripped to shreds.... crazy.
Ill try to get around and post some pics later.. been too busy cleaning up. Neighbor's pool cage collapsed pretty badly... its ugly down here.. very ugly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts