Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i drive my neighbor's murano back from the bike shop yesterday. she works for a large local dealer and has this mruano as a demo, so it only has a few hunderd miles on it. i immediately noticed the seat rocking/clicking like in the FX. sooooo......

(1) they both seem to use the same undercarraige (which makes sense)

(2)moreso...it seems as though the seat issue has not been addressed by nissan at all yet since it is still showing up in new cars.

moral...getting the clickling seat fixed now by replacing the frame will probably not help ;)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I had the seat fix done about a month ago and it's been rock solid and silent since (knock on wood).

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MustGoFastR said:
I had the seat fix done about a month ago and it's been rock solid and silent since (knock on wood).
i stand corrected....did you have them replace the frame or "fix" the original....even though im not sure of the outcome, i might do the same since i cant hurt......i hope.... :roll:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
They replaced the entire adjuster assembly. That's the only option if the seat rocks. If there is no rocking and only clicking, they just lube it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I thought there was an official fix for the rocking seat, but my dealer says he has heard nothing of the fix nor the "problem" itself. I went in a couple of weeks ago and they felt that it wasn't a safty issue but if it gets worse to come back and they'll check it again. So far I 've gotten the "squeeky" seat fixed and i'm going back to get this fixed very soon. Actually the seat creaks near the seat adjustor controls when I turn a corner. I love this car but the seat problems are starting to wear on me......

·
Registered
3,948 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
I got my rocking seat fixed. Its been about 2 weeks and its starting up again. :-x

All they did was lube something. Taking it back soon and gonna really bitch about it.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
FWIW, my seat neither rocks nor squeaks. Jan '03 build date.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kcrudup said:
FWIW, my seat neither rocks nor squeaks. Jan '03 build date.
ive got a few squeaks going around turns on the console area and the rocking , but both are very minor. 99% of the time i dont notice them cause i have the radio up and im pulling G's in the turns ;) ......maybe im being too hard on my FX but i told it, it souldn't have worn those skimpy clothes, teasing me with those curves :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts