Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:x

Hello,

The rims and tires were stolen off of my 2003 FX45 on late Saturday night or early Sunday morning. I just got the truck about a month ago.. When they stole the rims they left the truck on sinder (sp?) blocks. I plan on bringing it to Kelly Infinti in Danvers MA to have the damage repaired and the wheels replaced. I have to wait until the insurance adjuster comes out before the Infiniti dealership can even order the wheels. According to the Police this has been a common problem lately in MA..

I am worried about what damage was done to the truck when they pulled off the wheels and left it on the sinder blocks. Has anyone in this forum had any experiences with this? Any suggestions for what to look out for are much appreciated! Keep an eye on your fxs at all times!! I feel sick to my stomach..

Regards,

Pete

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
This is BS that you had to go through this! :x I am sorry that it happened to you. Keep your eyes out on Ebay for the perputartor selling your wheels.

Check under your car for scratches etc....I doubt an adjuster will look for damage under there. If there are chips or scraches it may leave you prone to rust unless they are fixed properly. Also I would have them include a 4 wheel alignment, you never know what force they went through getting the wheels off.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
That sucks. No wheel locks?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry to hear your horrible story. That's not uncommon in NYC. A friend had his Acura RSX stolen. Police later found it stripped.

When you get your new tires, make sure you get the wheel locks. For under $50 it will save you future headaches.

·
Registered
662 Posts
mozman said:
Sorry to hear your horrible story. That's not uncommon in NYC. A friend had his Acura RSX stolen. Police later found it stripped.
We're planning on moving to NYC next spring and I heard many horror stories like this from brother-in-law. That's why I'm looking for a bulding with garage.

I'm sorry to hear that Pete. I think I saw a similar story from FA sometime ago. I saw related news about this from 60 Min and even with wheels lock installed, these pros can take out the rims. :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everybody for your sympathy and recommendations.. The wheels did have wheel locks on them... They stripped them right off.. There are shards of metal on the ground from the locks being broken off.. These guys definitely knew what they were doing..

Pete

·
Registered
462 Posts
pirahna22 said:
Thanks everybody for your sympathy and recommendations.. The wheels did have wheel locks on them... They stripped them right off.. There are shards of metal on the ground from the locks being broken off.. These guys definitely knew what they were doing..

Pete
Wow. And i was just about to head to the dealer to get a set......

·
Registered
597 Posts
What town did that happen in ? Those 20" rims are heavy as a b!tch, plus they're huge so they had to have a pick-up truck, at the very least, to be able to haul the loot away. If they're dumb enough they'll put your stuff up on the Ebay.
Feel for ya.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
pirahna22 said:

Pete
:shock: Wonder how they did that? Impact wrench and one of those **** "Gator Grip" sockets?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Man, that sucks. I feel for you - I had a Lexus SC400 was stolen several years ago from my apartment parking lot the same day I bought it (Hackensack, NJ)... it is a sickening feeling, I would not wish that experience on anyone.
:(

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
ShadyJC said:
Man, that sucks. I feel for you - I had a Lexus SC400 was stolen several years ago from my apartment parking lot the same day I bought it (Hackensack, NJ)... it is a sickening feeling, I would not wish that experience on anyone.
:(
OMG!!

NJ really is the car theft capital of the world...

About the wheel locks - When I was changing my winter wheels to my summer wheels this past Feb, I broke the key trying to unbolt one of the locks. The dealer who put the wheels on obviously over torqued the lugs by a ridiculous amount :evil: Anyway, the key broke and a good chunk of the wheel lock broke off as well :roll: I had to go back to the dealer and get the 'Master' key and thankfully it gripped the remainder of the lock enough to undo it.

These McGard lugs arent very strong and can crack quite easily.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
pirahna22 said:
... According to the Police this has been a common problem lately in MA
Sorry to hear about such a dispicable act :(

Did they say this was a common problem - meaning all cars; or a common problem for FXs :?:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
05fxguy said:
I'd still rather have a set of locks than not have them.

·
Registered
462 Posts
msu79gt82 said:
05fxguy said:
I'd still rather have a set of locks than not have them.
Anything special about these OEM locks. Cant i just buy a set from Pepboys?

·
Registered
80 Posts
i know if someone wants it badly enough, they're going to get it but will putting more than 1 set of wheel locks help?

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
05fxguy said:
Anything special about these OEM locks. Cant i just buy a set from Pepboys?
Sure can, and you'll probably save a few bucks.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
If they are able to take off one per wheel.....it would only slow them down if there were more. But it might be enough for them to say, screw this, and let's try the next guy.

I saw a Subaru WRX and each wheel had a complete set of wheel locks. I was amused at the time but I guess it might be worth it.

04fx35 said:
i know if someone wants it badly enough, they're going to get it but will putting more than 1 set of wheel locks help?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
msu79gt82- The police said it has been a problem with all high end vehicles with nice rims.. (Infiniti, Lexas, Acura, BMW, etc..)

pudicus- It happened in Woburn, MA.

·
Registered
114 Posts
It happened in Woburn, MA.
Pete- Where about in Woburn did they do they do this? Was it from your driveway?....I ask because iam in Woburn a lot.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am sure this whole matter is the fault of SOME lawyer SOMEWHERE!! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts