Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
268 HP, 0-60 7.1, 1/4 mi. 15.2 ~ Mark Levinson Prem. sound sys. (like the new "M")
:shock: 27 - 31 MPG! :shock: 12,000+ pre-sold. touch/voice DVD Nav., Auto or Manual lowering air suspension! 8)

·
Registered
789 Posts
Well, lets see. Lets assume a few givens:
2.50/gallon
14mi/gallon
drive 13,000 per year = $2,321/year in fuel for fx

04 FX35 w/ goods trade-in value now = 32,600

new RX400 = 52,000 with premium options

You can square around $20,000 in difference

$20,000 @ 2.50/gallon @ 14mi/gallon = 112,000miles = 8.6 years

hmmm... it would be 2014 before you could really tell. How long those batteries last anyways?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Ahhhh the guilt free SUV.

Hybrids are great and all but people have to look at the reality of this vehicle.

The Lexus Hybrid is about $5,000 more than a normal Lexus plus you can only get them fully loaded which means they come in around $50,000.

It will take you a good 5-7 years or more to pay off that premium with the savings from gas.

also, the system works by using the electric motors as generators to charge the battery while the vehicle is coasting or decelerating. this is very important because people who primarily travel on highways will see only a marginal increase in MPG.

Its still and SUV, if you really want to support using less gas buy a real performer like the prius or the hybrid civic.

On the plus side, if you live in So. Cal you will soon be able to drive solo in the car pool lane with your hybrid.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I think it will be interesting to see how buying practices change/or not.People feel these costs every day more at the pump than in the installment...but the prices will come back down...remember that statement!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just looking :) 31MPG city / 27 hwy. 87 oct. 8 yr/100k batt. warr. * What IF ? ...you added a Body kit, CHROMIES, KEWL Grill, Lowered it and go Rail-Less too? 8) Can U say ... PHAT!
Looks like a Pimp-My-Ride PINITI Style :D Love that Infiniti-like Grill! * RX400h is 4300lbs.
PINDr.RX :roll: Yeah, I've been Lookin' ... Over 450 miles per tank! * 300+ ft.lbs. Torque!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Judge said:
Cal. has a dedicated car pool lane?
Yes, in the Los Angeles area Highways like the 405 have dedicated car pool lanes that are separated by a double yellow line, they can only be used if you have at least one other person in your vehicle, this is in effect 24hrs a day.

in Northern California there are car pool lanes called Diamond lanes that are carpool lanes something like 8am to 6pm.

now if they would only make a hybrid FX i would get it just for the use of that car pool lane. Traffic is awful here in So. Cal.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
Just looking :) 31MPG city / 27 hwy. 87 oct. 8 yr/100k batt. warr. * What IF ? ...you added a Body kit, CHROMIES, KEWL Grill, Lowered it and go Rail-Less too? 8) Can U say ... PHAT!
I think it looks like a $50,000 minivan. Pimped, but still looks like a minivan to me.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I doubt that railess and lowered is enough for me to ever bite,but change those rims and it is decent

·
Registered
597 Posts
This new RX hybrid has 3 electric motors and a gasoline engine. Hmm, how do you say " waiting to hit the fan " in Japanese :roll: ?
Plus it's heavier and costs more. Sorry, what was its misson statement again :twisted: ? So unless your name is Barbara Streisand, just go and get the V10 Touareg with its 553 lb-ft of torque and 607 mile between-fill-ups range 8) .

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
It sounded like a good idea, untill I read how much.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I like it, see nothing wrong with the RX as a legitimate contender... and you cannot argue with Lexus quality...

PINITI you've been lurking over at ClubLexus... a very active and informative forum but lots of KIDS!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ShadyJC said:
I like it, see nothing wrong with the RX as a legitimate contender... and you cannot argue with Lexus quality...

PINITI you've been lurking over at ClubLexus... a very active and informative forum but lots of KIDS!
http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/in ... howforum=5 too! That New "Horizontal" Lexus grille would work especially well with the New look of the RX400h (hybrid) lower front valance.
See what I mean?
also horizontal.

·
Registered
462 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
Looks like a Pimp-My-Ride PINITI Style :D Love that Infiniti-like Grill! * RX400h is 4300lbs.
PINDr.RX :roll: Yeah, I've been Lookin' ... Over 450 miles per tank! * 300+ ft.lbs. Torque!
PHAT!!!!! Hope the wife does not see these! She might start getting ideas that no doubt will empty my wallet........

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
That's cute...too close to real though

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is anybody paying less than $2.10 a gal? ...seems like once they finally broke through the $1.99 mark, the increases came a little faster. :(

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.