Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to go see it last night (midnight showing) and I thought it was pretty good compared to Episode I & II. It was almost just as good as Empire Strikes Back (which was my favorite episode). Plenty of fight scenes - although I was disappointed with the role that the wookies had in it, cuz they had made such a big deal about Chewbacca being in it. He only had like a 1 minute (total) on the camera. All in all I thought it was good - I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10. It put all the pieces together..........

May the Force be with you........ :lol:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I'm psyched to see it... I actually read the book! *insert geek joke here*

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Only outside in the sun. Cant read jack with that **** helmet on indoors :p

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Got tickets for tonight at 7:30 8)

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ujmot said:
Only outside in the sun. Cant read jack with that **** helmet on indoors :p
You dont need to read it...........feel your surroundings young ujmot. Do or do not, there is no try! :lol:

·
Registered
365 Posts
I hate you all! I can't go see it today because its my gf's bday and she doesn't want to see it! Might not get a chance to see it till next week! Aghh!

BTW, any of you guys seen those light sabers by Master Replicas? They look sweet! Lit up with LEDs and it makes all the sounds too. Heavy metal handle... Only $120! :roll:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
azwcat22 said:
BTW, any of you guys seen those light sabers by Master Replicas? They look sweet! Lit up with LEDs and it makes all the sounds too. Heavy metal handle... Only $120! :roll:
I had a couple of these for a while; the Vader and Luke Ep.V ones. they are truly awesome; the greatest adult toy I'v ever owned. The "cool factor" of showing them off to your friends is worth the price alone. You can spend hours just powering them up and down. Anyway, I sold them after a few months for money to put toward my Z... hated to see them go.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Just got back from the movie. I thought it sucked. To top it off, on our drive home I noticed my wife put two, very noticeable dimples in the aluminum center console. :evil: One on the shift plate and another on the console. Most likely from throwing her stupid handbag around the car. Her response 'Get over it, aluminum on high traffic areas, blame it on the idiot who decided to put it there'. :evil: A crappy night for me.

·
Registered
365 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
azwcat22 said:
I had a couple of these for a while; the Vader and Luke Ep.V ones. they are truly awesome; the greatest adult toy I'v ever owned. The "cool factor" of showing them off to your friends is worth the price alone. You can spend hours just powering them up and down. Anyway, I sold them after a few months for money to put toward my Z... hated to see them go.

Wow dude, you may have convinced me to get my own! They do look like they are fun as ****.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Saw it last nite.

1) Before the previews started, two high school co-captains of the chess team got up in front of the theater (right in front of the screen) with fake lightsabers (the retractable ones you buy @ walmart) and began...dueling. LoL.

2) Some kid brought his Darth Vader helmet and wore it throughout the entire movie; but get this, his helmet would make that breathing noise just like the real Darth Vader. And it never stopped making that breathing noise!

3) I enjoyed it. Kinda sad to see the whole saga finally end. Poor Padme.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Saw it last night and enjoyed it very much. A fitting ending to the saga. As far as acting goes and plot holes; it had no more, nor was any worse than the other 5. Probably the 3rd best of the 6; behind IV and VI. The "ending" of the movie was better than I anticipated considering we all KNOW how it has to end.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I saw it at midnight, and I have to say it was different then I expected. I mean i pretty much knew how a few things woudl turn out (obviously from seeing 4 5 and 6) but was interesting the way some things get there to set up for 4.
I don't want to give anything away for those who haven't seen it so i won't go into specifics.
Its weird though, Was I the only one thinking c'mon don't do this, do that, (trying to change the pre-determined history of Star Wars) ?
I would say out of the 6 its my 2nd favorite, with Jedi winning.
Very enlightening movie though! I got my GF to watch EP I and II with me last week, as she hasn't seen any of them, and has always been Anti-Starwars cuz she had a bad experience one time (fell asleep i guess).
We came out of the theater and she starts asking me all these questions (that get answered in 4 5 and 6). SO i told her I wish i was in yoru shoes, you get to see it in order, an experience few can ever go through. So i refued to tell her how things turn out and see how she deals with it. (little psych expeiment for me:) )

Enjoy!

and remember FEAR IS THE PATH TO THE DARK SIDE!!!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I think reading the book 1st ruined it for me. The book really brought out the friendship between Skywalker & Kenobi, all the inner struggles Anakin went through before turning to the darkside and how well Palpatine used his charisma and deception to manipulate everyone. In that respect, the movie severly lacked depth & progression - it seemed forced/choppy especially at the most critical points of the story. The dialog was campy and cheezy as always (acceptable and charming when the 1st trilogy was made but not for a movie released in 2005, sorry).

To its credit though, the second half of the movie was pretty good and overall better than Episode I and II.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What I didnt like was how Padme died, I didnt want to mention it in my first post, cuz I didnt want to ruin for those that havent seen it. "Lost her will to live".............what the heck is that all about??? It would have been better if Anakin killed her - and they saved the babies. The other thing I didnt like was when Vader came off the table (ripping the restraints from the ER table) ala Frankenstien!
But I still liked it- Just as good as Empire Strikes back. I think i like it better when the Dark Side wins :D

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
psiclne said:
What I didnt like was how Padme died, I didnt want to mention it in my first post, cuz I didnt want to ruin for those that havent seen it. "Lost her will to live".............what the heck is that all about???
He pretty much killed her (in the story) but the movie didn't emphasize on that sequence of events.

Oh, and WTF was this?!:
Anakin: ''You are so beautiful"
Padme: ''You say that because you are in love"
Anakin: ''No, I say that because I am in love with you."

My GOD!! That was just awful! It made me cringe and angry at the same time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
psiclne said:
What I didnt like was how Padme died, I didnt want to mention it in my first post, cuz I didnt want to ruin for those that havent seen it. "Lost her will to live".............what the heck is that all about??? It would have been better if Anakin killed her - and they saved the babies. The other thing I didnt like was when Vader came off the table (ripping the restraints from the ER table) ala Frankenstien!
But I still liked it- Just as good as Empire Strikes back. I think i like it better when the Dark Side wins :D
It was supposed to be both symbolic and Ironic:
Anakin had forseen her death and that is what propelled his journey toward the dark side, so he could save her. Yoda said how clouded premenitions can be, and his was. Had Anakin not gone down that dark path Padme wouldn't have died.
He killed her by breaking her heart.

And in response to another post, if he had "Killed her and saved the babies" he would know about the "babies" and not just believe he had one. A la in Empire when we find out Luke and Leia are siblings and Leia was hidden from her father.

SEE IT ALL FITS!

oh the philosphical discussions one can have about Star Wars

lol
- Andy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.