Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an 2005 fx35 with tech.

I set the alarm like usual by pressing the button on the door handle.

Upon returning to the car, both front windows were all the way down (I hadn't disarmed yet).

This took place at a restaurant and our table was directly in sightline of the car, so I know nobody touched the car.

So, what's the deal with the windows coming down?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Welcome to the world of the All Windows Down Feature on your remote. You can search this site for more detailed posts, but if you hold the unlock button on the remote for several seconds while you are still in range ( and the range is pretty good), all of the windows will go all the way down. See your manual for details. 8)

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Hey Thats cool.....I tell ya, I learn something new from this site everyday! :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Hey, only my front windows went down.....I tried to search, I didnt find anything? Am I using the wrong words to search for??? :(

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Keep holding the buttons down after the fronts are down. Then the rears will go down.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Thanks sweet! :D

·
Registered
509 Posts
psiclne said:
Hey, only my front windows went down.....I tried to search, I didnt find anything? Am I using the wrong words to search for??? :(
My search didn't find anything specific either. I don't think this was ever a specific topic, but it has been brought up. This forum is where I learned about it.

My personal experience was after I came out of a meeting and all four windows were down. Fortunately my laptop was still sitting on the front seat. :oops: 8)

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Does this feature work for non-tech fx also?

Jim

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll check the manual, but I don't use my remote and didn't last night when the incident occurred. And I couldn't have depressed the unlock button by accident because the alarm was still on when I returned to the car.

Silver Bullet said:
Welcome to the world of the All Windows Down Feature on your remote. You can search this site for more detailed posts, but if you hold the unlock button on the remote for several seconds while you are still in range ( and the range is pretty good), all of the windows will go all the way down. See your manual for details. 8)

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Thanks for the info...this happened to me a year or more ago and I had no idea why.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Only my front windows go down....my rears didnt. I have a '05 35

·
Registered
787 Posts
I remember reading a post way back(not sure if on this forum), were a guy came out to his FX in the morning after a night of heavy rain. To his suprise his windows were down :shock: and interior soaking wet. His question was the same, how could this have happen?

·
Registered
509 Posts
93til said:
I'll check the manual, but I don't use my remote and didn't last night when the incident occurred. And I couldn't have depressed the unlock button by accident because the alarm was still on when I returned to the car.
When you check your manual you will find that the the FX is also equipped with an auto-relock feature. If you use the remote or door handle button to unlock the FX and then you don't open a door, the FX will automatically re-lock and reset the alarm after a couple of minutes.

That's why you came out to the car and the doors were still locked with the alarm on. The windows on the FX don't role down by themselves. Even if you don't remember it, sometime while you were eating (in remote range of the FX) something depressed the unlock button long enough to unlock the doors and roll down all the windows. After a couple of minutes and no one opened the car door the doors re-locked and reset the security. It's too bad that Infiniti didn't think to also role the windows back up if no one opens the car door. That feature would have saved a lot of us a lot of grief.

If you want to learn more, curl up beside a nice fire with the owners manual. It will either enlighten you or put you to sleep. Either way, you win. :) 8)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
It's too bad that Infiniti didn't think to also role the windows back up if no one opens the car door. That feature would have saved a lot of us a lot of grief.
I'm sure they did think of it- but then I'll bet the lawyers nixed it.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No it's too long. When's the movie coming out? :eek:

I'm glad I was in sight of the car the whole time, or else I would have been more paranoid of what happened.

Silver Bullet said:
When you check your manual you will find that the the FX is also equipped with an auto-relock feature. If you use the remote or door handle button to unlock the FX and then you don't open a door, the FX will automatically re-lock and reset the alarm after a couple of minutes.

That's why you came out to the car and the doors were still locked with the alarm on. The windows on the FX don't role down by themselves. Even if you don't remember it, sometime while you were eating (in remote range of the FX) something depressed the unlock button long enough to unlock the doors and roll down all the windows. After a couple of minutes and no one opened the car door the doors re-locked and reset the security. It's too bad that Infiniti didn't think to also role the windows back up if no one opens the car door. That feature would have saved a lot of us a lot of grief.

If you want to learn more, curl up beside a nice fire with the owners manual. It will either enlighten you or put you to sleep. Either way, you win. :) 8)

·
Registered
411 Posts
My non-tech 05 35 rolls down the fronts only. Held the unlock button for a good while, the rears never moved. FWIW.

Matthew

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Pretty sure only the 45's have front and rear auto down.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.