Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here replaced the inner and outer tie rod on a RWD FX35? I'm thinking it should be pretty straight forward with an inner tie rod tool. I didn't pull off the steering boot to look at how the assembly is locked on to the rack, and I can't find any instructions on the net. So I'm wondering how the inner tie rod is locked on to the rack. Is there a locknut? Or a clip that needs to be removed first? Or is it straightforward just screw the innder tie rod off. Mostly experienced working on VW's so not that familiar with Nissans. Just want to know if there are any gotchas to doing this ... like there are on German cars...:)

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Look on YouTube for the instructions for a G35... The layout will be exactly the same...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Informational in case anyone else is doing it -- just did it on a 2005 FX35 2WD and it's very straightforward, and pretty much like the G35 except there was no locknut washer on the inner tie rod. With an inner tie rod removal tool was about 2 hours work for both sides for a first timer. Keep in mind the left and right steering rack boots are different, so make sure your parts supply supplies you with correct one. Something to add to the knowledgebase.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Glad you were able to do it yourself!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts