Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been discussed, but I can't seem to find any threads on this. I need to replace the rear wiper blade on my 2007 FX 35. What are the steps in removing the old blade? Anything else I need to be aware of? Feel free to send any related threads..

Thanks!
Dave

·
Registered
470 Posts
first order one from your dealer or online at infiniti sights, at the back of the wiper arm where it connects, there is a cap that you pop off that exposes a 10mm nut take it off take the wiper off, replace and make sure you put it back int the direction you took it off and replace the nut and cap and you should be good.

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply guys! I have my replacement blade.. should be an exact fit. How do I get the cap off the base? I tried prying it with my hands.. no go.
Will I need to use a screw driver or something? Where should I pry?

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts
As ive said before in the topic I linked above, ive never had to take the arm off. Just bend the old blade out, and bend the new one in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All done. There was no room to lift the blade up and replace it that way. No matter how hard I tried. The cap actually came off easy after a little bit of help from a putty knife. Swapped the other blade in a few minutes. Put the cap back on... all done.

Thanks again for all the help guys!!

Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
There's a little cap at the base of the wiper blade that you need to life up. Once you lift it up, you'll see a nut (it's 10mm). You'll need to remove the nut and remove the wiper arm before you try and replace the blade. It's very important that you do not try to replace the blade by simply lifting the arm. You need to fully remove the arm or else you can damage the wiper arm and it won't wipe the back window very well any more. Once you replace the blade, make sure you put the arm back on in the same exact position, tighten the nut and you're in business!! Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts