Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When was the first time all you chaps had your brakes serviced/replaced? I'm around 8.5K at the moment, and I'm starting to notice a little squeaking when braking. I was mostly doing an average of 65-70mph on the highway but since I moved, it has been nothing but stop and go traffic for me (usually around 21-25mph) with an average travel distance of only 30miles.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
My rear pads were replaced at 7500 miles. The dealer responded to my complaints of new grinding in the brakes by inspecting all pads, and determining that the rear pads had some "unusual wear." They replaced only the rear pads. My front pads had been inspected at 3500 miles and lost 30% (!?!) of their thickness at that time. I have a feeling that I'll be having new rotors and aftermarket pads put in around 12k miles.
From your and others' posts, it looks like the braking system on the FX isn't the best, and we can expect to be dealing with brake issues.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Icychorrium said:
When was the first time all you chaps had your brakes serviced/replaced? I'm around 8.5K at the moment, and I'm starting to notice a little squeaking when braking. I was mostly doing an average of 65-70mph on the highway but since I moved, it has been nothing but stop and go traffic for me (usually around 21-25mph) with an average travel distance of only 30miles.
Changed my rear breaks about 25K and still 50% left on fronts.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
new pads at 5K from some error and at 24K now, so basicaly 19K and I need new ones almost. 75 gone on front, 50 rear.

gonna to them at the 30k service

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.