Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

It's about that time... We're at 22k miles and the tires are starting to get kind of thin. I've started looking around and there's a few out there ranging in price from $160 for the Falken Ziex to ~$220 for the BF Goodridge.

Has anyone out there switched from the OEM to another brand and what is your opinion of them?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I am not sure if this helps but I switched my rims and tires very ealry on and right now I am using Nitto 404 and they seem to perform preety well in dry and wet conditions, but my next set should be pirelli scorpio's heard from my friend driving an rx300 with 19" that they grip really well.

Jim

·
Registered
1,217 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Proxes S/T

I have had some S/t's on since April. I have had one rotation. Great tire, very even tread wear, and stiiiiiiicky !

·
Registered
176 Posts
GEAUX said:
http://www.toyo.com/tires/tire_lines/sports_car/st.html

Heres another good one.

Davesnelling has a set on his and I saw them this past weekend at our meet.

They look good, less noise than stock, and a high treadwear life.
Proxes are all seasons though. I want a high perf summer tire for about 2/3 of the year.

~Jeff

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I had my back end start to head East when I turned West today, so at 22.5K, it's Tire Time!

I figure if I'm in for a penny, in for a pound, so what's the "Dream Tire" (remember, there's no snow here- the only weather is some rain in the "Wintertime") for the 20-inchers?

I think the consensus (considering that when I checked in late April, there were only 3 brands available in the size/profile we've got) was the BFG T/A mumblesomething was the tire to beat, right?

·
Registered
441 Posts
There is no tire that will compare to the BFGoodrich...they are the best for the summer...now for the winter I have another set of 18's which will be for the Blizzaks...which are the best winter tires..
Phil

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have a set of BFGoodrich installed in 2 days in the 295/45R20 size, .8 inches wider than stock, can't wait to get them installed.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
desualt said:
I have a set of BFGoodrich installed in 2 days in the 295/45R20 size
Isn't the long, cold Canadian Winter about to start there next month? :) Won't you need snow tires, then?

·
Registered
185 Posts
kcrudup said:
desualt said:
I have a set of BFGoodrich installed in 2 days in the 295/45R20 size
Isn't the long, cold Canadian Winter about to start there next month? :) Won't you need snow tires, then?
true, but I already have a set of Blizzaks on another set of rims waiting when the white stuff comes, still 2-3 months to go, till then I too have the rear going opposite of what I want, no choice.

thanks for thinking of me. :lol:

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
desualt said:
I have a set of BFGoodrich installed in 2 days in the 295/45R20 size, .8 inches wider than stock, can't wait to get them installed.
new rims to hold these tires or do they fit on the stock rim?

·
Registered
185 Posts
bradical said:
desualt said:
they fit perfect on stock rims, the ride feel the same as before, look pretty mean too :D

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Unless I hear differently,I will go with toyo proxy 265/45x20.same width,almost 1 inch shorter on my 9's for $220 mounted and balanced.

·
Registered
185 Posts
brnjugfx45 said:
Unless I hear differently,I will go with toyo proxy 265/45x20.same width,almost 1 inch shorter on my 9's for $220 mounted and balanced.
why would you go smaller? resulting in an innacurate speed reading and mileage

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
-The speedo reading is irrelevant to me..I wear a chronograph and can determine the real speed of whatever I am driving.
-the car is lowered and I am maxing the lowered condition and the extra inch of rim width
-I do not need wider for traction or handling and particularly the snow
-I wanted 275/40x20 which loses almost 2 inches...and 40 aspect is getting too close to bent/broken rims on our wonderful roads
-lastly,close enough for the ABS,etc to be OK
I do not think you buy the 45 for mileage!

·
Registered
185 Posts
fair enough, you have your own reasons :!:

by mileage I did not meant MPG but odometer readings...

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
desualt said:
bradical said:
desualt said:
they fit perfect on stock rims, the ride feel the same as before, look pretty mean too :D
Post some pics when you can with the new tires is possible just to see what it looks like.

Jim

1 - 20 of 62 Posts