Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 FX35 with about 20k on it. I think it has original tires, Bridgestone Potenza and they are still fine. I was just curious and started to look around at what it will cost to replace these things and it looks like they are going for about $230/tire at the local dealer.

I see less expensive brands on different web pages and I was wondering if any of you have any experience with other tires? The guy at the Bridgestone dealer said mine looked fine and I should expect to get about 40k to 50k out of them.

So are there other tire brands out there that are as good/better than these Potenzas?

I live in a warm climate (Houston, TX) so I'm not familiar with "summer" tires either. Maybe someone could explain that?

Thanks!!

BTW: This is the first "performance" vehicle I've ever owned. I traded a Jeep Grand Cherokee to get this thing and it feels like I'm driving a race car everyday. The tires and suspension on this vehicle are amazing.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had this same problem, was looking for a better all-season tire than the stock 18". Searched tire-rack, but could not find one. I gave up and picked up a set of stock 20" and plan to go with the toyo's this winter.

Since you are in a summer all year area, I would look at getting either some stock 20" or aftermarket 20" rims and performance tires. The difference between the stock 18" is incredible!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.